VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We searched for a place where we could really relax as a family of four and we found it. We had more space than we needed and all amenities we expected and then some (such as the kayak or the dryer). While it is not as separated from the village as it may seem on the picture, you can be all by yourselves. Still, in no time you can be downtown with a cab (60cents). The kids loved to go back by watertaxi. Chris was a great manager and he reacted right away when contacted but never disturbed us in any way. If you stay in Bocas del Torro you must consider this house. It will host easily a small crowd of up to 10 people. Enjoy!"
Guest: HarryDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 16, 2015
"My family and I rented the House called Quetzal and it was big and roomy for our family. The views were spectacular ! Dirk was a wonderful Host and very helpful. The homes of Las Plumas are some of the nicest ones in the area. I would highly recommend to anyone wanted to get away from city life and enjoy peace and quite. The grounds are well kept and you could hear the river near by. My family is looking forward to returning to Las Plumas in the near future."
Guest: Marlene Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 23, 2015
"Can't say enough about Dave and Gundula's home and property. The house was beautiful and the property even better. Both Dave and Gundula were great hosts and good company. I would go back in a heartbeat."
Guest: Ben L.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 14, 2015
"We just stayed at Casa Oceana for 10 days. Our party was a family of 4 including 2 kids 3 and 7 year old.
Overall the house is lovely, well maintained and I definitely agree that the location is perfect. We are experienced travelers in Latin America, completely bilingual in Spanish. Our first impression of Bocas was very good, good tourist infrastructure with nice restaurants, well furnished supermarkets, and a very local feeling too, perfect mix. On the downside the village and its first surroundings are very dirty, we are used to local Latin America places but were still surprised. Beaches were clean though.
On our stay and the review of the houses the pluses :
- location of the house. We rented bikes in town and cycled (with 2 young kids) to Bocas every day, to Playa Bluff, to Boca del Drago (a fun trip, and we put the bikes on a taxi on the way back!) We went to Paki Point several times too, very close by and great place to eat, but not a real beach and no swimming
- the house deck, very enjoyable (especially when it rains, you can at least still be outside!)
- good value of the house for your money
- the monkeys in the backyard!
- lovely Bocas del Toro scenery
- great surfing for all levels / ages
- Javier next door very available
- we confirm July is the rainy season, we had 2 full days of heavy rain where we could not do anything and it rained every morning except for one day, until 10 to 11am. The rain is very very loud in the house. It is fun at the beginning, gets a bit bothering after a few days.
- lots of bugs in Bocas, including during daytime, even at the beach sometimes (Carenero for instance) and at the house. We used a lot of bud spray. For some reason our kids were not as much bothered as we were, good for them!
- kitchenware of the house could be refreshed. Especially the pans.
- the house is built out of one open space with partial walls and out of wood. We did not mind too much as we were one single family but there is little intimacy when in the bathroom, etc.
- maybe because of the rainy season but we did not think the beach close to the house was appealing. It was often non existent because the sea was so high and it is just next to the main road. We never saw anyone swimming there and we did not either.
Thanks a lot Tera for the great vacation! Your house has made our Bocas vacation a great success!!!"
Guest: Stephanie P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 14, 2015