VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We did enjoy our stay. We found the condo to be nice, clean, comfortable. The beach location is great, and the building security is excellent. The rooftop pool is very enjoyable as well.
Just a note for other guests: make sure you have your security keyfob with you at all times to get in and out of the building and the beach. You can purchase an additional one for $20.50 like we did since we had five people often going different directions. Alejandro was great about providing the number of towels we needed for five people as well.
The only other comment is that it would be nice to have a booklet in the condo about the building, office hours, security and use of keyfob, closest markets and restaurants, suggestions of things to do like El Valle, etc. Not a big deal, but could be helpful to others if they're new to the area."
Guest: Shirley D.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 16, 2015
"Amazing experience with the caribbean beach all for yourself! Kids will love it. Great for snorkling, walking on reefs, or just watching the view. A Paradise very close to Panama City. Support is great with a lovely couple who helps with the overall cleaning and services. Cant wait to get back!"
Guest: Guilherme Q.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: May 25, 2015
"We just stayed at Casa Oceana for 10 days. Our party was a family of 4 including 2 kids 3 and 7 year old.
Overall the house is lovely, well maintained and I definitely agree that the location is perfect. We are experienced travelers in Latin America, completely bilingual in Spanish. Our first impression of Bocas was very good, good tourist infrastructure with nice restaurants, well furnished supermarkets, and a very local feeling too, perfect mix. On the downside the village and its first surroundings are very dirty, we are used to local Latin America places but were still surprised. Beaches were clean though.
On our stay and the review of the houses the pluses :
- location of the house. We rented bikes in town and cycled (with 2 young kids) to Bocas every day, to Playa Bluff, to Boca del Drago (a fun trip, and we put the bikes on a taxi on the way back!) We went to Paki Point several times too, very close by and great place to eat, but not a real beach and no swimming
- the house deck, very enjoyable (especially when it rains, you can at least still be outside!)
- good value of the house for your money
- the monkeys in the backyard!
- lovely Bocas del Toro scenery
- great surfing for all levels / ages
- Javier next door very available
- we confirm July is the rainy season, we had 2 full days of heavy rain where we could not do anything and it rained every morning except for one day, until 10 to 11am. The rain is very very loud in the house. It is fun at the beginning, gets a bit bothering after a few days.
- lots of bugs in Bocas, including during daytime, even at the beach sometimes (Carenero for instance) and at the house. We used a lot of bud spray. For some reason our kids were not as much bothered as we were, good for them!
- kitchenware of the house could be refreshed. Especially the pans.
- the house is built out of one open space with partial walls and out of wood. We did not mind too much as we were one single family but there is little intimacy when in the bathroom, etc.
- maybe because of the rainy season but we did not think the beach close to the house was appealing. It was often non existent because the sea was so high and it is just next to the main road. We never saw anyone swimming there and we did not either.
Thanks a lot Tera for the great vacation! Your house has made our Bocas vacation a great success!!!"
Guest: Stephanie P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 14, 2015
"My husband and I welcomed in 2015 on a sandy beach in Playa Serena, listening to the waves and watching the incredible fireworks under swaying palm trees. Yes, it was pretty much perfect! We rented Steve & Diane's condo for a month and thoroughly had a great time. All the amenities of home were provided, wi fi, magic jack, cable, dvd's and a well appointed kitchen. The bonus was having almost immediate access to the beach, the long walks every morning kept us in shape and the continuous dips in the ocean and pool were so refreshing. It became a tradition with a few of us to bring cocktails and appies and meet on the beach at 5:30 for the sunset, not to hard to take. Shopping and restaurants are only a 10 minute car ride and we discovered some good local spots as well, check out the fish market in Gorgona, excellent sea bass and shrimp. Spectacular views abound, day trips to Valle, Panama City and other attractions are very convenient. If you are looking for a relaxing, get-away-from-it-all spot, this is it."
Guest: LakesidegirlDate of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: February 13, 2015