VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This property is more than a house...it has it all!!! If you want to be a little away from the noise and the craziness of the town when it gets crowded but be close enough to ride your bike there for groceries or dinner then this is the perfect location. Plus you are within a property that is quiet, peaceful, has horses, and has a WATERSLIDE!!, and you can take nice walks among the property and feel like you are in the jungle, and then walk a few minutes and you are on a beautiful beach! What is not to love! Plus the inside is appointed with gorgeous cabinets, appliances, furniture, big screen tv and oh so comfortable beds!!! Love this property so much we are buying a lot and building our own home here. So warning do not come here unless you are ok with ending up wanting to stay forever! Bill and Caitlin the owners are wonderful..great decision to rent this place! Made wonderful life time friends."
Guest: Stacey P.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: August 4, 2015
"A great apartment w 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. Clean, all amenities ( even laundry- a huge plus) work well and the views from the rooftop pool are some of the best you can get. I stay there twice a year, and the building staff are all helpful and friendly. Close to everything- grocery stores, huge modern mall, old city, downtown, Balboa Avenue, with easy access to transport corridors, taxis, buses etc. to get to other sites. You will be happy you chose this place!"
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: June 18, 2015
"We were visiting Panama to see Family. We wanted something close to them, but the high rises near them seemed less flexible with 3 kids. This was PERFECT. It is located right in the middle of downtown but it is at the base of Ancon Hill which is basically a tropical rainforest. The kids had a backyard, a pool, plenty of space and were able to hike up the mountain every morning to see toucans, monkeys, etc. It allowed us to take day trips and come back at night to cook or BBQ. The staff is very helpful and the other guests were friendly. The accomodations are nothing fancy, but the kitchen is fully stocked and the place is very clean. There are a lot of stairs if that is an issue. There is no laundry in the 4 bedroom unit, but the staff did a lovely job for $5/load."
Guest: Jill N.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 29, 2015
"We just stayed at Casa Oceana for 10 days. Our party was a family of 4 including 2 kids 3 and 7 year old.
Overall the house is lovely, well maintained and I definitely agree that the location is perfect. We are experienced travelers in Latin America, completely bilingual in Spanish. Our first impression of Bocas was very good, good tourist infrastructure with nice restaurants, well furnished supermarkets, and a very local feeling too, perfect mix. On the downside the village and its first surroundings are very dirty, we are used to local Latin America places but were still surprised. Beaches were clean though.
On our stay and the review of the houses the pluses :
- location of the house. We rented bikes in town and cycled (with 2 young kids) to Bocas every day, to Playa Bluff, to Boca del Drago (a fun trip, and we put the bikes on a taxi on the way back!) We went to Paki Point several times too, very close by and great place to eat, but not a real beach and no swimming
- the house deck, very enjoyable (especially when it rains, you can at least still be outside!)
- good value of the house for your money
- the monkeys in the backyard!
- lovely Bocas del Toro scenery
- great surfing for all levels / ages
- Javier next door very available
- we confirm July is the rainy season, we had 2 full days of heavy rain where we could not do anything and it rained every morning except for one day, until 10 to 11am. The rain is very very loud in the house. It is fun at the beginning, gets a bit bothering after a few days.
- lots of bugs in Bocas, including during daytime, even at the beach sometimes (Carenero for instance) and at the house. We used a lot of bud spray. For some reason our kids were not as much bothered as we were, good for them!
- kitchenware of the house could be refreshed. Especially the pans.
- the house is built out of one open space with partial walls and out of wood. We did not mind too much as we were one single family but there is little intimacy when in the bathroom, etc.
- maybe because of the rainy season but we did not think the beach close to the house was appealing. It was often non existent because the sea was so high and it is just next to the main road. We never saw anyone swimming there and we did not either.
Thanks a lot Tera for the great vacation! Your house has made our Bocas vacation a great success!!!"
Guest: Stephanie P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 14, 2015