VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"A bright spacious unit with spectacular view. No problem with dogs or roosters as in previous unit.
Main disappointment was the size of the second bedroom and the separate bathroom. We would not be interested in this unit for a future visit if we were expecting guests. We understand there are full size two bedrooms available.
Unlike our previous unit, the direction of the rising sun made for a very hot unit before we got up in the morning. It was also very windy, which made opening the door sometimes hazardous. These are not things you can do anything about but are relevant.
Lots of opportunity for social interaction through happy hours. Moon parties at the beach club were paticularly enjoyable."
Guest: GeorgeDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: April 13, 2015
"We just stayed at Casa Oceana for 10 days. Our party was a family of 4 including 2 kids 3 and 7 year old.
Overall the house is lovely, well maintained and I definitely agree that the location is perfect. We are experienced travelers in Latin America, completely bilingual in Spanish. Our first impression of Bocas was very good, good tourist infrastructure with nice restaurants, well furnished supermarkets, and a very local feeling too, perfect mix. On the downside the village and its first surroundings are very dirty, we are used to local Latin America places but were still surprised. Beaches were clean though.
On our stay and the review of the houses the pluses :
- location of the house. We rented bikes in town and cycled (with 2 young kids) to Bocas every day, to Playa Bluff, to Boca del Drago (a fun trip, and we put the bikes on a taxi on the way back!) We went to Paki Point several times too, very close by and great place to eat, but not a real beach and no swimming
- the house deck, very enjoyable (especially when it rains, you can at least still be outside!)
- good value of the house for your money
- the monkeys in the backyard!
- lovely Bocas del Toro scenery
- great surfing for all levels / ages
- Javier next door very available
- we confirm July is the rainy season, we had 2 full days of heavy rain where we could not do anything and it rained every morning except for one day, until 10 to 11am. The rain is very very loud in the house. It is fun at the beginning, gets a bit bothering after a few days.
- lots of bugs in Bocas, including during daytime, even at the beach sometimes (Carenero for instance) and at the house. We used a lot of bud spray. For some reason our kids were not as much bothered as we were, good for them!
- kitchenware of the house could be refreshed. Especially the pans.
- the house is built out of one open space with partial walls and out of wood. We did not mind too much as we were one single family but there is little intimacy when in the bathroom, etc.
- maybe because of the rainy season but we did not think the beach close to the house was appealing. It was often non existent because the sea was so high and it is just next to the main road. We never saw anyone swimming there and we did not either.
Thanks a lot Tera for the great vacation! Your house has made our Bocas vacation a great success!!!"
Guest: Stephanie P.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 14, 2015
"Jungle spares no sun or humidity. If you're in love with mother nature then you are in for a treat. Just getting there is an adventure drive. Lots of mangos, bananas, palm trees, ect. Once off the main road your in a completely different world than Panama city its self. Some locals have been there for generations. Small towns filled with life. People crossing the street as there is no tomorrow. Small stores filled with necessities. The idea of you in the middle of no where is everywhere. The road continues to get narrow. The last two left turns you make and the lonely road is all yours driving along side the mountains. Exotic birds fly before you as you look left and right grasping all greenery. Once there you will see a small baseball field type field and small houses wondering how in the world can you live in such secluded place where only birds and the bees care to roam. Once in the house, very nice well taken care of place. Everything you need except hot water. Pay no mind to no hot water. No need. It's hot and humid. Bats will fly around. A little larger than we are use to. Pay no mind there either. They are the masters of the night sky. The local parrots will sure to wake you around 530am. You will see fairly large lizards and iguanas from tree to tree. Take a camera. Memory sometimes forgets the that you see so much nature in every way. I counted 10 moth speices...one gecko with a chuncky tail, kinda beige. Countless birds. Butterflies so beautiful, you would want to become one. I can't thank Ed (host) for the opportunity like this. Yadira the care taker introduced me to her family and I'm speachless for her and their generosity. The river in which it is on is abundance of life. My 3 day stay does not give me the right to opinion on how this one small town in the middle of nowhere got me to see the bigger picture in a smaller world. Im going back for more asap!!!"
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: June 25, 2015
"Our family of 6 stayed here over spring break and had an amazing time. The beach and pools were fantastic and easy to access with the golf cart. Everything was exactly as described. Tamara was so helpful and great to work with in making the reservation. This location is a good base for excursions to El Valle De Anton for zip lining and to Isla Iguana for snorkeling. Having lived in Panama and visited several beaches along the Pacific coast from Gorgona to Playa Blanca, this beach is one of the best. I would definitely recommend this property and hope to return soon!"
Guest: David G.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: June 20, 2015