- The owners and their representative in Paris are professional, prompt, kind, and honest. Exactly the sort of people you hope you get when renting a place overseas. I would rent again solely for the pleasure of dealing with them
- The apartment is probably the closest to the exact geographical center of Paris you can get. You can walk to almost everything, which is unusual and highly valuable, especially if you are coming to do just that.
- Within blocks are many great fine dining restaurants, grocery shopping, wine stores, you name it, you are not in the sticks here.
- Because it's on the top floor, noise from neighbors was negligible. There is great light, and you feel like you really are in Paris.
- The apartment was clean and functional and had everything you would need to be comfortable there. No tv channels in english that I could find, but there was always better entertainment out on the streets!!
- This was unique to my time there, but there is major road construction happening on Rue Dauphine which was very loud and started very early (0645 for you jet laggers). It made getting to the Pont Neuf challenging because there was barely room for one person to walk.
- This may also be remedied by the owners shortly, but the washing machine no longer dries. I would do laundry in the morning, hang it to dry and, maybe, 36 hours later it was usable. Too bad for me that I only brought one pair of pajamas and had to put them on while still very damp. Twice.
- While this location is great for walking to major sites, it's not close to any really useful Metro Station. I may be splitting hairs, but Pont Neuf is on a fairly unimportant line. St Michel is a nightmare of crowds. If you are coming to shop all over Paris (I have already seen all the sights), this makes for additional time spent in the metro getting to where you want to go.
- 96 stairs (there are 2 small ones at the bottom that we can quibble about, but I counted them EVERY TIME!!). Getting your suitcase up, and then back down, is a sweaty nightmare. That does not count the additional staircase inside the apartment (another 18 steps). Again, if you are coming to shop and like to pop back periodically to drop your bags, these are going to slow you down. If you have knee or back problems, no matter how minor, you want to reconsider renting this place. Do NOT take the stairs lightly, unless you are a step aerobics instructor, they are going to impact your stay."
Date of Stay: November 2015
Review Submitted: November 11, 2015