"Cooga Cottage is a perfect, relaxing vacation destination. My sister and I stayed here during the Spring and although we did not have a car we were perfectly happy to relax and enjoy Doon. If you wish to sightsee, you will need a car as the town of Doon has only a couple small grocery stores, some pubs, and a church. Everyone we met in the town was kind, helpful, and welcoming. My sister and I especially enjoyed Anne's grocery store where everyone was polite and friendly and we could buy fresh scones. The cottage itself was a complete joy to stay at as it is:
- equipt with every comfort and convenience possible (and more) including a spacious bathroom, complimentary shampoo and conditioner, multiple hair dryers, excellent quality appliances including a dishwasher, well equipt kitchen, plush furniture and bedrooms, sewing kit, vacuum cleaner, and tea.
- Upon arriving the cottage was clean and Tom was welcoming and had supplied chocolate treats, milk for tea, and a bouquet of daffodils from the gorgeous and meticulously kept yard (for summer visitors, the yard has fruit trees). He also gave us a tour and told us the history of the cottage, which deepened our appreciation for it.
- Tom went out of his way to help in anyway possible, had labeled where things go, and had an in-depth guest book which included grocery store hours, bus schedules, emergency contacts, instructions about the trash, compost, and recycling, etc.
- The price was a great deal and Tom was fair and generous with the cost of utilities.
- The cottage is obviously well-cared for and its beautiful and cozy decorations make it truly feel like a home away from home.
Our time at Cooga Cottage was a complete joy and we highly recommend it to any traveler who values relaxation and comfort."
Date of Stay: March 2015
Review Submitted: April 27, 2015