VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"There is something about Loreto Bay that makes time slow down. Or maybe it's that you take the time to stop and appreciate all of the small things. In any case, attention to detail isn't something missed by Jon and Felicia. The home is beautifully decorated and fully furnished. The beds are comfy, the rooms are open and bright, and and the shot glasses are a riot! (Seriously, if nothing else in my recommendation compels you, come for the shot glasses!)
While I was here for only a week, I read two books which I wholly credit to the thoughtfulness of the seating arrangements. There's honestly not a bad seat in the house. All counted, there 6 spots to quietly sit content with a drink and a good read:
1. The living room is opened up to the garden fountain in the courtyard by three tall french doors, and the couch that faces them is plush and comfy.
2. The small breakfast table in the courtyard keeps you in the open air, but is close enough to the smells and conversation of the kitchen as to not make you feel left out.
3. The roof comes complete with a couple of west facing lounge chairs and is a perfect place to hang out during sunset.
4. Beneath the awning, there is a large grill, a sink, and an outdoor table for 4. It was the best place to sit and chat with friends as we grilled up the day's catch. Once the sun went down, the lights came on automatically and made for a nice touch.
5. The master bathroom boasts a huge tub. Honestly, it was more like a small pool! It was around 85 degrees while we were there, so a cool soak really helped to round out a long day at the beach.
6. On the very top of the house is a beautiful spiral staircase that leads to a lookout tower. This was definitely my favorite. It's upholstered and well lit and offers a 360 degree view of the village. There's even a ceiling fan and strings of LED lights beneath the seats for an intimate ambiance.
I haven't a bad thing to say about this home. The walk from the beach is gorgeous and short, there's an outdoor shower to rinse all the sand off, and the activities are diverse and tons of fun. I hope to visit again soon, but I need to find more good books first!"
Guest: NoelDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 8, 2015
"Our expectations were exceeded staying at this home in the friendly Loreto Bay resort. It felt like being in the beautiful home of a friend. It was incredibly comfortable for the four of us (2 mature couples), spacious and well equipped with beautiful decorations, artwork, kitchen supplies, books, comfortable furniture and beds. The views from the upper decks were lovely especially in early morning and evening. Everything is available, from a decktop barbeque to a firepit. The location is perfect for getting to the beach or to the fantastic pool facility. The bikes, while funky, were a welcome and fun activity and way to get around the area. On Saturday, the weekly arrival of seafood Louis provided us with some of the best fresh shrimp and bass we've ever had. As noted, you will need to get in line early, as we did for the best selection.
The owners were great to deal with and provided every possible resource and information to make our stay fantastic both before arriving and when we got there.
Trips to the town of Loreto require a taxi (200 pesos each way) unless you have your own vehicle. And if you want to make your own meals, you will need to shop in the town of Loreto for most items. There are a few eateries and a very small grocery in the Loreto Bay condo/village area, but that's limited. The coffee shop in the condo village is particularly good and friendly, with great baked items, espresso drinks and a fantastic brunch on Sunday morning. My wife had them make an amazing chocolate layer birthday cake for me as a surprise and I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit the four of us finished off a cake made for about 8.
This has nothing to do with the rental, but one caution: if you rent kayaks (a highly recommended activity) from the vendor on the nearby beach, make sure you ask for the ones that do not leak. Enough said.
In summary, this rental made for a great beginning to our Loreto adventure trip and we would not hesitate renting it again or recommending it to all of our friends. Look no further, this is the place you're looking for."
Guest: chasedogDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 6, 2015
"This was our second consecutive year staying in Nopolo, otherwise known as Loreto Bay. The golf course has improved, we met and made more new friends, and our accommodations couldn't have been better. The Casa was well maintained, very nicely and tastefully decorated, and well equipped with everything we needed to make wonderful meals. You can do as little as you want; relax with a book on the roof-top patio or laze on the beach on a less windy day, or you can be as active as you want; hiking some amazing canyons, golfing on the ever improving golf course, whale watching, kayaking, or driving to many of the beautiful white sand beaches of Bahia Concepcion. There is something very peaceful and relaxing about the Sea of Cortez and a quiet, yet friendly stay in Nopolo is worth the trip."
Guest: LouDate of Stay: January 2015Review Submitted: January 23, 2015