"Let me preface this review by stating three things: (1) I was a fan of resorts until I vacationed here at this secure, beachfront, prime view, main floor condo. What a pleasant, authentic Caribe-Mexican experience! (2) I am very picky, have high expectations and can be very demanding. This was one of the few places where I did not have a single complaint. (3) I already emailed the owner and secured another week for next year.
We are two families with young children that stayed here a week in July 2015. Here's the scoop:
1. Location: The fact that it is located ON THE BEACH, 1 block from 5th avenue (dining, shops, taxi's) and on the MAIN FLOOR makes this a VERY unique combination for vacation rentals. In my experience, you usually need to compromise on one of the above. This has it ALL.
2. Easy access: Because of the location, there were ALWAYS taxi's waiting outside our doorstep that we used to see things like Cirque de Soleil, cave snorkeling (a must do), exploring Cancun. Also, the main floor makes it easy go in/out of the condo, especially for kids and food/drink service (see #3 below). Being on the 2nd or 3rd floor, though these condos might have slightly better views, having to walk a flight of stairs or two from the pool/beach would make it inconvenient and a hazard for small kids.
3. Service: There's a bar/restaurant next door, and they deliver, almost any food or drink that you desire. We spent 2 days lounging outside on our main floor terrace while Santiago graciously brought us shrimp cocktails, tacos, paloma (specialty drink) and more.
4. Views: Direct ocean view, but that does not say enough. The BEACH is literally steps from the condo. I split many days between ocean swimming and enjoying the pool with kids.
5. Cost effective: We did not rent a car, did not have to buy breakfast, nor did we absorb exorbitant fees that are common at resorts (activities, drinks, etc). These are expenses that add up to more than $1k in savings for a given week. Taxi’s are readily available, there’s a Walmart 5 blocks from the condo and beach activities (paddleboard, massages, kayak, windsurfing) are priced very fairly.
Other: There's a washer/dryer inside the unit, the owners installed hurricane glass making it very quiet inside, there's beachside massages and nightly fireshows right NEXT DOOR.
As a new VRBO user, please let me know if you found my review to be helpful or ask any questions that you would like."
Guest: Chris G.
Date of Stay: July 2015
Review Submitted: August 3, 2015