VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Puerto Aventuras reviews
3 generations - 1 great house!
"Great place for our 6 adults + 5 kids (ages 4-12). Exactly what we needed for the grandparents, parents and kids.
* Everything worked, house nicely equipped
* One of the bedrooms is in a back sort of casita/own entrance so that was really nice for the grandparents to have a little privacy/quiet - especially with some of the littles up super early.
* Loved the golf cart & bikes
* Omni pass great - spent a few days hanging at the beach there
* Kids lived in the pool and hot tub at the house (adults loved both too - especially hot tub) - tip to give it a little time with the jets running to let it warm up.
* Latitude 20 is a nice reasonably priced nearby spot to walk for dinner and some live music on some nights
* Cheli (housecleaning and cook) and Marco (maintenance/yard, etc) very attentive/helpful
* Have Cheli cook dinner a few nights for some nice/authentic food
* Bring DVDs if you have little kids as the library is mostly PG 13+
* The TV is mostly in Spanish - would have probably brought a few more DVDs had we known (see above)
* We rented a car (booked through Dollar) before we left - helpful to get to bigger grocery store (Chedraui) and for excursions to Tulum, cenotes, etc.
* Puerto Aventuras is a cute, very safe feeling town - a haven from the much busier places like Playa Del Carmen
Glad we found this house. We all felt like we were getting our money's worth at this great house with a great location for a super vacation!"
Guest: CJ M.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 15, 2015
"Great location between Tulum and Playa Carmen. Lots of dining options in the area. Reasonable beach very close by. Good safe gated community. Great place to visit with kids. Pool is right outside the condo. The condo is well maintained. Has all the modern amenities you would expect. Good value for the money. Owner is very helpful, answers questions promptly and will explain area very well. Overall, a good vacation spot. Have rented several vrbo, homeaway, airbnb places before and this is one of our favorites."
Guest: Sahil K.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 21, 2015
"If you don't want the noise and crowds of the tourist area this is a great alternative. The Casita is clean, well kept and comfortable. The kitchen was adequate for making meals, full sized fridge, four burner gas cooker, just what was needed. The outside sitting area was comfortable, we ate a few meals outside. Internet access was very good considering we were so far out of the main area, we never had a problem checking our email etc.
You are close to Akumal, and a few other beaches , Puerto Aventuras has some great restaurants if you decide you don't want to cook. A grocery store is close by, the colonia of Puerto Aventuras has some great places to get BBQ chicken, so you have the best of everything close by.
The only negative is that there is no housekeeping offered, so if you stay more then a couple days (we were there almost 2 weeks) you need to supply your own cleaning products, toilet paper, garbage bags and dispose of your garbage somewhere off the property as there is no facilities for garbage disposal on the property.
All and all a great place,"
Guest: Sue M.Date of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: February 27, 2015
"Our family spent Thanksgiving week at Casa Mariposa and had such a wonderful time. The house is stunning and the photos online depict the house very well. We were so happy with the accomodations and how nicely everything is kept. It is quite apparent that the owners take a lot of price in Casa Mariposa as the home is well maintained and the furnishings make you really feel pampered. The area is full of fun things to do. We all loved our morning dip in the pool that was larger than I was thinking and the fresh squeezed orange juice we had for the special breakfasts that were cooked for us each morning. We chose to have the Chef services for all but 2 nights of our stay and was one of our best decisions. The food is fine dining quality and the price is much better than going to a restaurant especially if you want to have a drink or wine. The spectacular view of the water is breath taking. We all spent time by the pool and enjoying our surroundings. It was so nice that the bedrooms were so large, everyone had enough space and more. Melodie is exceptional. She helped us make arrangements and answered our questions timely. We can't wait to go back to Casa Mariposa, next time for a longer stay than a week."
Guest: bikeuphillDate of Stay: November 2014Review Submitted: December 8, 2014