VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This is my THIRD time staying at this location. I could not imagine there being a better place to stay at on the lake for the price!
These are the 7 things I would recommend:
1) BRING THE FAMILY OR FRIENDS... it's always the people that make the trip. We brought a group of friends, and the house living room was a perfect fit for 6 of us (plus an additional 2 guest we invited over as well). We watched football, cooked on the grill. I slept great in the side bedroom, and a couple of us on the couches, and there is also a blow up bed with plenty of room to place it.
2) WALK DOWN TO THE WATER... the walk down to the water is so pleasant and nice (it's shaded!). There was a path leading down to the lake and a fire pit just at the edge of the water. We had hay bails to sit on, and actually backed up a truck and used the tailgate as well. We cooked smores at night, which I would suggest as well.
3) USE THE CANOE (especially in the morning or at dusk)... GET OUT ON THE WATER! (if you get a boat)... the lake is absolutely beautiful... and the honeycomb slue where the house is located is right in the middle of it all, there is cliff jumping for the adventurous, the honeycomb inlet is perfect for skiing and wakeboarding and kneeboarding (the water is much calmer than the open lake).
4) BRING SOMETHING TO COOKOUT... the open kitchen/living room floor plan was perfect for cooking for and serving to a big group. There was a propane and charcoal grill, as well as some items we cooked in the oven... We cooked a big breakfast one morning, and dinner one night!
5) BRING THE GIRLS... Girls have higher standards than us guys. The girls that came with us were especially satisfied with the set up. Everyone's expectations were satisfied... I can't speak highly enough about the main room... high ceilings, well kept, great fun decor, exceptionally comfortable couches, etc.
6) BREAK OUT A BOARD GAME... We broke out the poker chips and played Texas Holdem (guys and girls) late into the night. The place has a perfect table for playing games like this. We sat six at the table (bringing in 2 extra chairs from outside). there were also some board games at the house that allowed for some additional options.
7) GO GRAB THE SUNDAY BRUNCH AT THE GUNTERSVILLE STATE LODGE... you're not going to want to miss the views from the front patio, and the buffet has a great selection of food.
Perfect place for a perfect weekend!
Guest: Robert T.Date of Stay: September 2014Review Submitted: September 22, 2014
"The house is beautiful inside and out. My grandkids loved the stairway and open living/dining room. We roasted marshmallows in the firepit and took long walks on the road (which we only saw 2 vehicles the whole time: The mailman and the trash collector. We will definitely stay again next time we are in Alabama."
Guest: JohnDate of Stay: October 2014Review Submitted: November 29, 2014