Orange Beach is located on Alabama’s idyllic gulf coast, nestled between Gulf Shores and Pensacola, Fla. This little beachside town has pleasant weather year-round, but it really comes alive during the summer months. Here are some of the best things to do and sights to see:
If you want to start your trip with some laid-back fun, check out some of these awesome activities:
- Learn glass blowing at the Orange Beach Art Center, located on Canal Road on Wolf Bay. Call ahead to make an appointment for a three-hour glass blowing course, in which you’ll learn techniques and make ornaments, paperweights and bowls. Don’t worry: They will also ship your creations to you!
- Take a relaxing sunset dinner cruise or look for dolphins with one of the excellent charters in the area, including Orange Beach Sailing Charters, Sunny Lady, Sailaway Charters, Surf’s Up Dolphin Cruises or the majestic Southern Rose.
- Rent a beach cruiser - or a tandem - and bike on the beach. If you’re renting bayside, one good option is Infinity Bicycles. For beachside biking, head to Beach Bike Rentals in Gulf Shores.
- Explore your inner child at Adventure Island, with mini golf, go karts, laser tag, arcade games, paddle boat rides and a five-story high erupting volcano. Adventure Island is located on Perdido Beach Boulevard, across from Seaside Beach & Racquet.
If you’re an adventure junkie, there’s plenty for you in Orange Beach.
- Feel the wind in your hair as you glide through the sky with Orange Beach Parasail or Pleasure Island Parasail, both located on Terry Cove on the bayside. If you’re a bit nervous, ride with a family member (or two at Orange Beach Parasail) - even small children can fly. Book early for a fabulous sunset soar.
- Take a jet ski tour from Blue Reef Watersports, also located on Terry Cove just off of Marina Drive. The tours last for two hours, cover 20 miles and are fast and fun. Or, ride a banana boat and hold on tight as it hits the waves behind a fast-moving jet ski!
- Take a hike on the Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry Trail or the nearby Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge to be immersed in nature.
Check out some fun nearby festivals on the Gulf Coast, including the Gulf Shores National Shrimp Festival and the Hangout Music Festival. The Gulf Shores National Shrimp Festival is held during one weekend every October. Watch a cooking competition, listen to live music, visit the children’s village with your little ones and, of course, indulge in the best local seafood around in tents set up by Gulf coast restaurants. The festival is a celebration of local culture and begins at the end of Highway 59 near the popular beachside grill The Hangout.
The Hangout Music Festival is an annual May event held on the long strip of white sandy beaches in nearby Gulf Shores. It features some of the biggest names in music. After rocking out to some sweet jams by names like Kings of Leon and Stevie Wonder, take a dip in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, slide down a massive inflatable water slide and grab local seafood.
There’s something for every mood in Orange Beach, whether you want to take it slowly or indulge in some fast-paced, adventurous fun.