"We (a group of parents and family) were in Orange Beach for the NAIA Collegiate Women's Soccer National Championship to root on our team (Go Eagles!). The eight of us stayed in this condo for a week and loved it. Next to the tournament action, it was the highlight of the event. I booked the place for the group and after they arrived they all anointed me the full time travel planner (apparently I did good). Some of the team and other parents staying at the team hotel came over one evening and didn't want to leave. The owner, Kim, was very friendly and bent over backwards for us. When we return to Orange Beach, we will definitely stay here again. Here are the top 5 reasons you should stay here too:
1. Lots of space - at nearly 2600sf, there is plenty of room for everyone. And the wrap around floor-to-ceiling windows of this corner unit make if feel infinitely large. Also, the bedrooms are all a decent size, each with their own private bathroom. And a half bath was available for our guests.
2. The condo is REALLY nice. It looks great in the pics online and it looks even better in person. Seriously, it looks like a model home, except the TVs are real! And so are the beds, which are all top quality. Everyone reported a good night's sleep each morning while we enjoyed our coffee on the balcony. The real trick is how comfortable and livable the place is. While it is very nicely decorated, it isn't over the top or busy, which adds to the relaxing air of the place.
3. It's brand spankin new - just opened in March 2014. Still has that "new car smell." The whole building is very nice and clean.
4. Amenities - Besides the condo itself being stocked with all the bells and whistles, the building has an indoor heated pool, an outdoor pool, a lazy river with slide, lots of hot tubs, a gym with top of the line machines and top of the world view on the 15th floor, saunas, grills, etc. etc... And the location is perfect. It's not in the middle of the touristy areas, but it's close, so you can go do the touristy stuff and then drive 5-10 minutes back to your refuge.
5. The beach and weather - We had temps in the 70s in December. Perfect weather for soccer and long walks on the beach. When we were done for the day, we had our condo welcoming us home.
6. Great value - Ok, that's 6 reasons, but worth mentioning. Our group split the cost four ways and it was cheaper than staying at the hotel down the road with the team. And waaaayyyy better."
Date of Stay: November 2014
Review Submitted: December 7, 2014