VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We had a very relaxing weekend at this retreat. The house had everything we needed. We were all very comfortable. We esp enjoyed sitting out on the porch and the kids even enjoyed the hot tub despite the 100 degree temperatures outside. We would come back for another visit."
Guest: SarahDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 22, 2015
"We just spent the last weekend here, and we really enjoyed ourselves. There are a couple of things that I think people should know about the location and the amenities before making a decision about whether or not to rent here.
- Luther is extremely courteous, kind, and accommodating. When we arrived we were short on sheets and he had someone deliver them as soon as possible. I emailed him several times and he responded promptly with answers to questions and suggestions for a boat rental location.
- The house was one of the few that could host a group of our size. Almost everyone in our group got their own room (as couples) AND their own BATHROOM!!! Awesome!
- It's nicely situated 10 minutes from Hot Springs, which is a quaint little town with just enough to do on a long weekend. However, there's PLENTY to do if you don't want to leave the houses at all - there is a pool table (quite popular during our trip), some puzzles (though not all complete), a beautiful view (on FOUR different porches) and you're literally on the lake, so swimming is a must-do.
- Two houses = quiet house and party house! Need I say anything more?
- The steps to the lake are borderline dangerous. They are in disrepair and need a serious upgrade. Family members spotted some poison ivy on the way down as well, which could ruin a trip! Be cautious using the stairs until they make the repairs (there are quite a few of them as well, but it's good exercise!)
- The houses run quite cold, so bring a sweater!
- There is no common bathroom in the main cabin, so you'll have to use the one in someone's bedroom. There is a half bath in the other house.
- You can't bring pets, which is unfortunate for such dog-lovers as we have in our family. Understandable, but something to think about.
Overall, we were happy with our trip and the time spent with family."
Guest: JessicaDate of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: August 13, 2014
"Sunsets and sunrises go on forever on the balcony. Perfect blend of amenities and yet still a cabin feel. You will be drawn to the view of the white river. Sounds of nature with a fresh cup of coffee in the morning will melt away the stress. My family and I have stayed here three times. Carla and Louis are the sweetest people. Very close to town though you feel very secluded!"
Guest: Shonz45Date of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: August 24, 2014
"Our family enjoyed this property and location. Waking up and having coffee on the expansive deck amidst the trees full of birds, squirrels, and deer was peaceful and rejuvenating. Taking the easy 20-mile trip to Devil's Den State Park and hiking was convenient, especially being able to return to The Deepwood's House to rest with all of the conveniences of home. We grilled both nights and thoroughly enjoyed the layout of the house for our family. It took the kids a bit getting used to the stone floors and all of the smells/dampness of the forest however they all loved it. Neil, the manager, was fantastic, and provided us with all of the details of hiking as well as taking great care of the property and any needs. We hope to be back in the fall for a football game and all of the colors of the forest. Would recommend."
Guest: Kurtis M.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 6, 2015