This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in Carpinteria currently advertising. Please see the USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Carpinteria reviews
"My wife, son and I really enjoyed our stay at Stella's property! She thought of everything to ensure our stay was comfortable. We had everything we needed in our bedrooms, the kitchen and plenty of reading material about the area. Also, the property is very close to Linden avenue where there are great restaurants in walking distance. The beach is very nice and quiet nearby. Thanks, Stella, for providing our family with a memorable stay!"Guest: Harley C. Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: September 2, 2014View listing
"Our family of 5 stayed here for 3 nights. We fit a pack n play in the second room for our 2 year old. The unit was Very clean, had lots of extras like beach toys, board games, and spices for cooking. It's SUPER close to beach, large grass area and park. Pool was on smaller side, but kids 7 and 4 years) loved it and I attended a water aerobics class led by one of the residents. My only complaint is that the people at the management company had poor customer service. The building is quiet and even has a laundry room and BBQs. The residents were incredibly friendly. It was perfect for our family! Would also be a nice place for a getaway with my husband."Guest: Jessica L. Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: June 5, 2014View listing
"My husband and I stayed in one of the two bedroom units for a week while our kids were in a camp nearby and it was a wonderful experience. It looked just like the photos, was super clean and was beautifully decorated. The location was private and quiet but less than a block away from restaurants, coffee shops and shopping and only a few blocks away from the beach. The unit worked fine for all of us when the kids joined us for the last few days, too. The owners were friendly and responsive."Guest: Family from Colorado Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: September 12, 2014View listing
"We had the time of our lives! Imagine a family wedding, the 4th of July, and Mermaid Cottage! This is a recipe for pure joy! We came from as far as Boston, and San Francisco, and found a true paradise in a well stocked, and comfortable home. Mermaid cottage has every amenity possible, kayaks, boogie boards, lots of fun water toys, generous heaps of towels, comfortable beds, and linens. The kitchen is filled with lovely dishes, and cooking utensils. We had lots of dedicated cooks who loved working together there. We had the rehearsal dinner on the 4th of July there, and had no problem serving 40 + guests on the patio. Our guests were thrilled to be right on the beach within view of visiting dolphins, and an occasional sea lion. The interior of the cottage is filled with enchanting art objects. We were constantly discovering and enjoying another unique mermaid treasure. It's hard to imagine, a beach home that brings together convenience, elegance, and comfort. But that Truly describes Mermaid Cottage. We are already booked, and anticipating another magical summer stay with our family. Thank you for all of your help in making this a memorable time for our bride and groom and entire family! See you next year!"Guest: The Boston Bunch Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: July 27, 2014View listing
Carpinteria Travel Tips
For a beach vacation with tons of charm, plan a trip to Carpinteria. This small oceanside California city is found in beautiful Santa Barbara County.
Carpinteria is situated near foothills and a mountain range, so there are plenty of gorgeous landscapes and natural beauty to see in the area, including parks, gardens and nurseries. You can enjoy the amazing weather with warm, dry summers averaging in the 70s as you explore the outdoor areas of the city.
A variety of exciting cultural events awaits you here that provide entertaining and educational adventures. From festivals like the Avocado Fest to museums, antique stores, shops and cafes - Carpinteria provides tons to do during your visit.
Things to Do in Carpinteria
- Rincon Point: Carpinteria is home to a world destination for surfing at Rincon Point. Known as "Queen of the Coast," Rincon is a must-do for anyone who enjoys participating in the sport or just watching it. Low tide in the winter months is the best time to catch a wave, as the swells come mainly from the west and northwest, providing excellent surfing conditions. Each January, Rincon hosts the Rincon Classic, a surf championship that you don't want to miss.
- Carpinteria State Beach: There’s plenty of space to spread out and enjoy the sand and surf at Carpinteria State Beach with 4,685 feet of sand and surf. This beach is known for its calm waves, though there are decent surf swells in the some of rockier areas. From December through May, you can see seals and sea lions and the nearby rookery in Carpinteria Bluffs. If you're lucky, you may also catch a glimpse of the occasional gray whale. Carpinteria Beach is a perfect spot for swimming, surf fishing and exploring tidepools for starfish, sea anemones, crabs, snails, octopuses and sea urchins.
- Santa Barbara Polo Club: Do you enjoy watching a game of polo? If the answer is yes, check out the Santa Barbara Polo Club, which is one of the main equestrian polofields in the country. It features three full-size outdoor fields, one arena, stables for 350 horses and boarding and exercise facilities. While visiting Carpinteria, catch a polo match and marvel at the amazing athleticism of the sport.
- The Carpinteria Valley Museum of History: If you’re interested in learning more about the city, plan a trip to the Carpinteria Valley Museum of History. Operated by the Carpinteria Valley Historical Society, the museum is staffed by docents who will be happy to speak with you about the different sights. The museum's exhibits showcase the histories of three cultures that have lived in the region: the Chumash people, Spanish and Mexican settlers, and pioneers. Take a look at the historical photographs and artifacts left behind by the area’s former inhabitants. The museum also offers lectures, arts and crafts fairs, monthly flea markets and a gift shop for visitors.
- Salt Marsh Nature Park: Also known as El Estuaro, the Salt Marsh Nature Park is one of the most important wetlands in southern California. It’s a mostly unspoiled estuary covering 230 acres, 120 of which make up the Salt Marsh Reserve. This area is home to rare and endangered plants and birds, including migrating birds. The park is also a nursery for marine fish. Ash Avenue features nature paths where you can enjoy a lovely stroll.
Shopping and Dining in Carpinteria
- Linden Avenue: Linden Avenue is one of the main areas in Carpenteria that boasts a number of tasty dining establishments, unique antique shops and other services. Some of the best restaurants and eateries include Cajun Kitchen, Robitaille's, The Coffee Grinder and The Spot. Stroll the avenue and peruse the shop windows under the shade of beautiful palm trees. If you’re in town during a holiday, Linden Avenue is home to the Christmas Parade of Lights, the Avocado Festival, the Antique Car Show and Fourth of July festivities.
- Carpinteria Avenue: The other main hub in the city is Carpinteria Avenue. Here you’ll find the local library as well as the pool, city hall, the Thunderbowl and Tee Time Golf. It’s the oldest street in town and boasts an interesting history. If you’re hungry and need to refuel, check out Cabo’s Baja Grill & Cantina and Clementine’s Steak House.
- Santa Claus Lane: Whether it’s Christmas-time or not, Santa Claus Lane is home to a relaxing, sandy beach as well as a variety of different restaurants like Barbecue Company, Garden Market and Padaro Beach Grill. This eclectic and unique part of Carpinteria offers a toy store and a candy store where you can stop for a sweet treat. There’s also a surf shop, toy store and market where you can pick up Santa Barbara county wines on Santa Claus Lane.