VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This house way exceeded our expectations. We gathered family there from around the country for a weekend birthday celebration for my mother, who lives in a nearby retirement center. We spent three days hanging out and cooking and eating together. Perfect house for that sort of family entertaining. Kitchen was very well stocked. We hiked on the beach, and rode bikes on the mesa. The owners are wonderfully welcoming. The large single story house worked wonderfully for our older guests."
Guest: Bremer JoeDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 8, 2015
"We came to SB for the Veterans Marathon and wanted a place to accommodate 3 couples comfortably. This place was awesome. It is an older home and some of the furnishings reflect that but in more of quaint way than looking old. It was a nice mixture of older and new furnishings, all very comfortable. The bathrooms and kitchen are all nicely remodeled. Nice size rooms. Large family room with plenty of room for all of us to spread out. The house was very clean and is stocked with a nice selection of movies, games and books. There are also nice TV's in all bedrooms. Plenty of linens and towels. There is a large kitchen table that we were all able to sit around for dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed relaxing and Barbequing steaks in the backyard and soaking in the Jacuzzi after our race. Quiet neighborhood located just a few blocks from the 101 which made our commutes very convenient and only a few blocks from a grocery store.
A few ants in the bathroom when we checked in, most likely from recent rains, but we sprayed and didn't have any further problems. If I had to come up with 1 suggestion or con.... we wanted to eat our dinner outside but the lighting out there was very sparse at the table so we ended up inside. Jill the owner was very easy to work with and responsive. We would definitely come back to this rental if back in the SB area and highly recommend it."
Guest: Stacey T.Date of Stay: November 2014Review Submitted: November 10, 2014
"If you are looking to experience Santa Barbara as a local, stay here. This cottage is located in a nice neighborhood just minutes from downtown Santa Barbara and only a short bike ride to the quaint little town of Montecito. We are family of four (two children 9 and 6 years old) and have stayed here multiple times. We have pretty particular taste and have found that this house to always be meticulously maintained, organized, and thoughtfully stocked with a family in mind. Some of our favorite touches:
- environmentally conscious (recycling, baskets for the market, natural soaps)
- functional kitchen (gas stove and outdoor grill, roaster, pans, bowls, etc)
- beach gear (umbrella's, chairs, toys, boogie boards)
- all sizes of quality bikes and helmets
- clean outdoor shower
- gated property so our children can explore safely
- washer and dryer with detergent
- great windows for natural light & screen door for lots of fresh air
- zen water fountain out the master window
- helpful books (the hiking book has helped us explore stunning hikes all around the area...this time we discovered a seal sanctuary where we saw 15 baby seals on the beach with their mamas, we explored quiet towns with beaches where the "locals" hang out, and shared trails with horses that walk through the enchanting forest of Eucalyptus and Sycamore groves woven all around Montecito's polo club that end in a stunning lemon orchard overlooking the ocean.
- restaurant board - Cliff has great taste in food and shares his favorite spots around town. His recommendations are always a hit!
- lastly, but important, the price is fair and competitive.
We love this house, the location, and the owners. We hope you do too.
Gina Schley (Denver)"
Guest: Gina S.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 29, 2015
"Our month stay at the cottage felt like being on a retreat because of how peaceful it felt. Also, because of the surrounding beauty of vegetation and landscape. We enjoyed access to a private beach that we walked to by walking the horse trails ... so cool. We were so impressed by the details of all the amenities present to us.
We look forward in returning to this very special cottage!"
Guest: Tom L.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 8, 2015