VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Beautiful comfortable house with great desert views!
"We totally enjoyed our stay here. Dan and Jean's house is large and spacious with everything you could possible need. The view of the mountains in the backyard (next to a wonderful pool) was majestic. Our dogs were happy sniffing around in the large fenced backyard. Location was perfect, close to the park and town. We would definitely come back. The nice gift basket and wine welcoming us would such a treat! It was so nice to come home to such a wonderful house (and Hot Tub) after hiking all day in the desert."
Guest: JudyDate of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 1, 2015
"Rented this vacation home for the month and wanted to pass on a few things should you be considering Borrego Springs, and this vacation home in particular.
NB> I can't really say I'm new at VRBO/Homeaway as I've spent 6 months renting various places thru out the American Southwest. That being said, the following are a few points you may find helpful.
- The home itself is larger than the pictures convey. I had 4 relatives visit over the time I was there and they all said the same thing.
- Three full bathrooms is a definite plus. This, and the overall size, made this vacation home, monthly price competitive, with any of the dozen vacation homes I've rented.
- No rear neighbours. Except for a telephone line, there is an unobstructed sunrise view to; a thru road at half a mile, a golf course/resort at a mile - and Fonts point at the horizon.
- Neighbourhood: quiet. Double O Road is not a thru road, no issues with nearby neighbours/noise.
- All appliances worked as described, dvd and wireless not so. My guests gave up on trying to play any dvds. Wireless was not a rental issue but a local, ISP reliability issue which was affecting various neighbourhoods in Borrego.
If you are fine with a town of only 3000..... in the middle of the desert, ( personally, this is what I wanted), are looking to do abit of light hiking and occassional day trips to the coast or the Coachella Valley etc, then this place would be totally adequate. If you are expecting; stoplights, fast food takeout, nightclubs, shopping experiences etc. then probably not.
I "would" recommend; an AWD ( alot of trailheads are not suitable for a car.) and a laid back approach that this is NOT Palm Springs, . You WILL have desert critters around"
Guest: rob j.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 14, 2015
"I believe this is our third year at this casitas, at Rams Hill. As other people have mentioned the east facing patio is one of the things we love. Breakfast is a joy when sitting out there. The late afternoons are shaded and the casitas protects you from the winds. Wonderfully appointed and very comfortable place. This particular casitas is the only place we'll stay, if it's just the two of us."
Guest: Susie N.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 1, 2015