VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We had a wonderful time. Our party included an 12 & 13 year old, the salt water pool was just perfect for them . The house was nicely decorated with everything we needed. This was not our first stay here & we will go back.
Jeff, the owner was a gentleman, as always."
Guest: And Toto tooDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 18, 2015
"Rented this vacation home for the month and wanted to pass on a few things should you be considering Borrego Springs, and this vacation home in particular.
NB> I can't really say I'm new at VRBO/Homeaway as I've spent 6 months renting various places thru out the American Southwest. That being said, the following are a few points you may find helpful.
- The home itself is larger than the pictures convey. I had 4 relatives visit over the time I was there and they all said the same thing.
- Three full bathrooms is a definite plus. This, and the overall size, made this vacation home, monthly price competitive, with any of the dozen vacation homes I've rented.
- No rear neighbours. Except for a telephone line, there is an unobstructed sunrise view to; a thru road at half a mile, a golf course/resort at a mile - and Fonts point at the horizon.
- Neighbourhood: quiet. Double O Road is not a thru road, no issues with nearby neighbours/noise.
- All appliances worked as described, dvd and wireless not so. My guests gave up on trying to play any dvds. Wireless was not a rental issue but a local, ISP reliability issue which was affecting various neighbourhoods in Borrego.
If you are fine with a town of only 3000..... in the middle of the desert, ( personally, this is what I wanted), are looking to do abit of light hiking and occassional day trips to the coast or the Coachella Valley etc, then this place would be totally adequate. If you are expecting; stoplights, fast food takeout, nightclubs, shopping experiences etc. then probably not.
I "would" recommend; an AWD ( alot of trailheads are not suitable for a car.) and a laid back approach that this is NOT Palm Springs, . You WILL have desert critters around"
Guest: rob j.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 14, 2015
"This is a great home in a safe, appealing neighborhood. It is clean, well maintained, and nicely stocked. The beds & pillows were very comfortable. The outside living area is completely private with a large pool, spa, beautiful landscaping, and prolific grapefruit tree. It is well located for day trips in any direction (Joshua Tree, Salton Sea, aerial tram, Painted Canyon, Indian Canyons, outlet mall, Living Desert Garden/Zoo, Villagefest, etc.). The owners were especially gracious, with timely communication and speedy response to any questions. We (parents & 2 teenagers) happily spent a week in the home, and if we visit again, it will be first on our list."
Guest: Active FourDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 14, 2015