VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Donner Lake reviews
Clean, comfortable, group-friendly place
"This place completely met my expectations based on the pictures and reviews. It was a clean, well-kept place with comfortable accommodations for 6-8 people. The owners obviously enjoy cooking and entertaining as there were good knives, cookware, and plates, kid and adult-friendly board games, and the living room and deck are set up perfectly for communal experiences (yet you could still have your own space if you wanted to sit in corner and read). Close to the lake obviously, and easy to drive to Tahoe. It's nice to stay at a place where you feel like the owners care about their home and want their renters to enjoy it as well. Thanks for a great time!"
Guest: Emily C.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 12, 2015
"We had a very fun weekend in this cozy cabin! The backyard was a winter wonderland with a light dusting of snow. Very quiet surroundings since we were practically the only ones home in the neighborhood. The cabin was everything we had hoped it would be.... very relaxing.."
Guest: David M.Date of Stay: November 2015Review Submitted: November 17, 2015
"As soon as we walked through the door, we were in love. I have stayed at a few cabins in Tahoe and near Donner Lake. This is by far the most luxurious, spacious and comfortable cabin we have ever stayed. We came here with friends to get away from the city (San Francisco) and enjoy some nature for a long Memorial Day weekend. Here are what we loved.
1. Inviting Family room - large enough for at least 10 adults + kids to hang out comfortably. Super high ceilings. Flat screen TV on one side and fireplace on the other. It just feel so welcoming. I probably could have just slept on those extra large sofas.
2. Large gourmet kitchen - A few of my friends all love cooking and it was their dream kitchen - chef quality stove and layout. Our bellies all benefited from them being in heaven at this kitchen. It was also one of those kitchens that was a great gathering place to chat and hang out. We also loved the BBQ grill outside.
3. A Perfect Night's Sleep - We stayed in one of the master bedrooms with a king sized bed. I am used to "Heavenly Beds" like the ones in Westins. This felt just like it if not more comfortable. Our kids stayed with our nanny across the main floor in a room with two full sized beds closer to the ground. This was also ideal as so we didn't have to worry about them rolling off from high beds.
4. Contemporary, Grand, yet Cozy. From the pictures, I thought perhaps the place had an older decor. I personally like it more modern, but once we arrived we realized the pictures didn't do it justice. Between the high ceilings, granite counter top kitchen, fully connected wifi, and the outdoor deck, it was a perfect combination of contemporary decor, convenience, and comfort. One of my other pet peeves about cabins is its always too cold especially in cooler weather. Not this one. It was easily kept at 68 degrees. While it was so spacious it felt as cozy as being at home.
5. Last but not the least, Great Location Only a 3 blocks walk to the public beach of Donner lake and so great for morning runs. Less than 10 min drive to downtown truckee and a huge Safeway.
3 days were way too short. We reluctantly left today but definitely plan to be back!!"
Guest: Lei H.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 26, 2015
"Fantastic rental, everyone was completely happy with the beds-super comfy!
Very close to the lake beach and the rental had all appliances, amenities, etc. in great working order and stocked. Our family would happily stay here again because we love the area, close to hiking and such
a chill beach to hang out.
Can't say enough about how responsive the owner was in our short time frame we had to secure it."
Guest: Patricia V.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 28, 2015