VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"This location was awesome! It seemed like we were in our own alpine paradise far away from anything but 4 miles away is the old town of Truckee. Everything is there that you could ever need or want.
I took my wife here for a surprise 26th honeymoon getaway :) The owner David was very easy to work with and obviously cared that we enjoyed our stay at his own personal family lake house. VERY nicely furnished - none of the typical rental garage sale furnishings here!
It's almost like being on Kauai... you start thinking about moving in! We relaxed by the fire... plugged in Pandora to the stereo system and played our favorite 80s music...
This is the note I sent David after our trip...
"Everything was very nice. Your lake house is absolutely beautiful! My wife had an idea we were going to the Truckee area but didn't know for sure... I just told her to bring warm clothes and pack for 3 nights. We went to Pianeta's Italian for dinner, went to see the gorgeous views from Rainbow Bridge and the top of the pass on old route 40, checked out the amazing Ritz Resort at Northstar, walked and shopped old main street Truckee and had lunch at Burger Me. We spent an hour in Ace Hardware... what fun - they have EVERYTHING! That is the most awesome hardware store ever!
I'm an early riser and it was great to get up while it was still dark and watch the changes on the lake through sunrise and after. The weather was cold but dry and felt much warmer than it was. On Tuesday afternoon in Truckee it was jeans and t-shirts - almost 70F and warmer in the sun.
We had a great time enjoying each other and being together... your lake house just made everything better! We were sad to leave but glad to have the memories.""
Guest: JonDate of Stay: November 2014Review Submitted: January 24, 2015
"As soon as we walked through the door, we were in love. I have stayed at a few cabins in Tahoe and near Donner Lake. This is by far the most luxurious, spacious and comfortable cabin we have ever stayed. We came here with friends to get away from the city (San Francisco) and enjoy some nature for a long Memorial Day weekend. Here are what we loved.
1. Inviting Family room - large enough for at least 10 adults + kids to hang out comfortably. Super high ceilings. Flat screen TV on one side and fireplace on the other. It just feel so welcoming. I probably could have just slept on those extra large sofas.
2. Large gourmet kitchen - A few of my friends all love cooking and it was their dream kitchen - chef quality stove and layout. Our bellies all benefited from them being in heaven at this kitchen. It was also one of those kitchens that was a great gathering place to chat and hang out. We also loved the BBQ grill outside.
3. A Perfect Night's Sleep - We stayed in one of the master bedrooms with a king sized bed. I am used to "Heavenly Beds" like the ones in Westins. This felt just like it if not more comfortable. Our kids stayed with our nanny across the main floor in a room with two full sized beds closer to the ground. This was also ideal as so we didn't have to worry about them rolling off from high beds.
4. Contemporary, Grand, yet Cozy. From the pictures, I thought perhaps the place had an older decor. I personally like it more modern, but once we arrived we realized the pictures didn't do it justice. Between the high ceilings, granite counter top kitchen, fully connected wifi, and the outdoor deck, it was a perfect combination of contemporary decor, convenience, and comfort. One of my other pet peeves about cabins is its always too cold especially in cooler weather. Not this one. It was easily kept at 68 degrees. While it was so spacious it felt as cozy as being at home.
5. Last but not the least, Great Location Only a 3 blocks walk to the public beach of Donner lake and so great for morning runs. Less than 10 min drive to downtown truckee and a huge Safeway.
3 days were way too short. We reluctantly left today but definitely plan to be back!!"
Guest: Lei H.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 26, 2015