VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Truckee reviews
Perfect Home Away from Home
"We visited the Stolberg's perfect Tahoe cabin multiple times over the course of the 2014/2015 winter with our three children aged 5, 7, and 9. The cabin is comfortable, cozy, and clean! Our family truly feels at home in this Tahoe cabin. The kitchen (with brand new appliances) has everything that you could ever need and the bathrooms are recently updated. All of the beds are SUPER comfortable!
My kids loved playing in the big yard (with AND without snow). We love the proximity to Alpine and Squaw and downtown Truckee. We have not been here in the summer, but hope to make it up there sometime soon. This is a fabulous property. We've rented many Tahoe houses over the the years and this is definitely at the top of our list!"
Guest: CwinshipDate of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: April 27, 2015
"My extended family met here for a lovely ski weekend. The house was tastefully furnished and comfortable. The kitchen had all we needed to make family meals. The view was uplifting and amazing. The beds were comfy and there were enough beds to accommodate the whole gang. Shannon was attentive and responsive to work with. This place is a gem."
Guest: hayyahDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 20, 2015
"As soon as we walked through the door, we were in love. I have stayed at a few cabins in Tahoe and near Donner Lake. This is by far the most luxurious, spacious and comfortable cabin we have ever stayed. We came here with friends to get away from the city (San Francisco) and enjoy some nature for a long Memorial Day weekend. Here are what we loved.
1. Inviting Family room - large enough for at least 10 adults + kids to hang out comfortably. Super high ceilings. Flat screen TV on one side and fireplace on the other. It just feel so welcoming. I probably could have just slept on those extra large sofas.
2. Large gourmet kitchen - A few of my friends all love cooking and it was their dream kitchen - chef quality stove and layout. Our bellies all benefited from them being in heaven at this kitchen. It was also one of those kitchens that was a great gathering place to chat and hang out. We also loved the BBQ grill outside.
3. A Perfect Night's Sleep - We stayed in one of the master bedrooms with a king sized bed. I am used to "Heavenly Beds" like the ones in Westins. This felt just like it if not more comfortable. Our kids stayed with our nanny across the main floor in a room with two full sized beds closer to the ground. This was also ideal as so we didn't have to worry about them rolling off from high beds.
4. Contemporary, Grand, yet Cozy. From the pictures, I thought perhaps the place had an older decor. I personally like it more modern, but once we arrived we realized the pictures didn't do it justice. Between the high ceilings, granite counter top kitchen, fully connected wifi, and the outdoor deck, it was a perfect combination of contemporary decor, convenience, and comfort. One of my other pet peeves about cabins is its always too cold especially in cooler weather. Not this one. It was easily kept at 68 degrees. While it was so spacious it felt as cozy as being at home.
5. Last but not the least, Great Location Only a 3 blocks walk to the public beach of Donner lake and so great for morning runs. Less than 10 min drive to downtown truckee and a huge Safeway.
3 days were way too short. We reluctantly left today but definitely plan to be back!!"
Guest: Lei H.Date of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 26, 2015
"What a gem! We absolutely loved our stay at the Truckee Treasure property, and I've caught myself daydreaming about the place everyday since our visit a couple of weeks ago. The space was perfect (much more than necessary, really) for our family of 4 (Mom, Dad, preschooler & infant). Upon arrival the house was clean, and obviously well maintained. The fireplace warmed the home and created a very comfortable atmosphere for the whole family. Our 4-month old daughter slept the best here out of all of our other lodging accommodations during our 10-night Oregon-California road trip. Diane (the owner) was responsive and friendly throughout the entire rental process from our initial inquiry to payment and refunding our deposit. She was also quick to respond and helpful when we had a question about the property on our first night. We will definitely be back!"
Guest: KateDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 20, 2015