VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Encinitas reviews
Great for multiple families with kids
"6 families (12 adults and 18 kids, with kids ranging in age from 8 to 16) rented this house for Memorial weekend 2015. We had a great experience and definitely recommend it. What we liked:
-It's hard to find a house that will comfortably fit that many people, and that has enough master bedrooms for 6 couples. This house is HUGE.
- All of the bedrooms (6 bedrooms in the main house and 2 in the guest house) are very comfortable.
- Our group of families likes to cook and eats all of our meals in. The kitchen is very large, with 2 large islands and 2 sinks, providing plenty of space for lots of people to work in the kitchen at the same time.
- Our kids loved playing in the pool, Jacuzzi and waterslide, and loved watching movies in the home's media room.
- We loved being able to pick lemons, oranges and grapefruit from the orchid on the property.
- Unless you want to, there's really no reason for your group to leave the property. It's got everything.
- The onsite caretaker welcomed us when we arrived and showed us around. She came by 2 of the 3 mornings and spent a couple hours cleaning in the kitchen and tidying up the house. She was also available 24/7 if we had any questions about how to work anything. That was a nice bonus.
- One night we BBQ'd outside and it was great that there were 4 long folding tables available.
All in all, I highly recommend this house for large groups."
Guest: CathDate of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 27, 2015
"We just returned home after two weeks at this great location. Unit has been remodeled, comfort, great views, easy access to Moonlight Beach and downtown Encinitas, what more can you ask for. Guaranteed parking and laundry facility were a great plus. The owner was wonderful to work with, we had an opportunity to meet her while we were there. Th "concierge" as he likes to call himself is friendly and helpful. A great holiday and we are returning next year. The 2 bedroom unit is also well appointed and has a lovely garden patio."
Guest: MarieDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 24, 2015
-Walking Distance to the beach.
-Great views of the Pacific Ocean.
-Great back yard for children.
-Large spacious kitchen.
-Large Master Bath.
-Neighborhood is a mix of old and remodeled homes.
-Downstairs bathroom very small and tight.
-Downstairs bedrooms have no closets so you need to place clothes in drawers or hang on hooks behind doors.
-Dishwasher needs repair or replaced.
-The home needs some updates and maintenance and repair. It is more worn than what I saw in photo's.
We loved the home and would come back if more M&R would be done; Example: Outdoor cushions repaired or replaced, outdoor deck needs to be refinished, some outlets in downstairs bedrooms don't work, dishwasher had to be run twice, paint touch up in the exterior of the house would make it more fresh.
-We had some type of animals either squirrels or rats living in the attack above the bedroom closest to the kitchen which kept those sleeping there awake at night.
Sarah was wonderful to work with and always communicated quickly when a question was asked. I post this information because this home could be amazing with just a few changes."
Guest: Pat P.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 1, 2015
"We wanted a quiet weekend by the beach and our expectations were exceeded ten-fold when we pulled up to this little gem - the garden / patio area was cozy with beautiful flowers everywhere. When you walk in it's like being at home - the studio was spacious, clean, inviting, quiet and comfortable with the beachy feel we wanted; it was the perfect home base after many walks down to the beach or to town. There was a bottle of wine when we walked in which was a nice touch - especially because we got engaged down by the beach a block away so we were able to have a toast courtesy of the owners - thank you and we'll definitely be back!"
Guest: Liz S.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 8, 2015