This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in La Jolla currently advertising. Please see the USA, California, San Diego County vacation rentals page.
Recent La Jolla property reviews
"Our family of seven just returned from a 5 night stay in this home. We loved this house and had an amazing time. This is a very well maintained and updated older home in a beautiful neighborhood. The backyard is a great size for kids and has some amazing landscaping. We were able to use the gas grill and eat outside on the patio and really enjoyed all the outside space. The pathway down to the beach is literally steps away, which made visiting the beach lots of fun. This home also had some great beach toys and chairs to use that we really appreciated. The surrounding neighborhood is extremely quiet and felt very safe. The bedrooms are large, and the house came equipped with plenty of towels, linens, and kitchen items for us to use. Overall there is not much I'd change, except to stay longer!! :)"Guest: Heather W. Date of Stay: March 2013 Review Submitted: March 31, 2013View listing
"This house was the perfect location for our girls getaway! It's a couple blocks from La Jolla Shores beach and walking distance from some restaurants and shops. We cooked a lot, and the kitchen was great - lots of pots and pans, just about everything you need for basic cooking. The coffee maker broke during our stay, but the property manager promptly brought us a new one, so that was much appreciated. We loved the rooftop views, lounging in the hot tub, and hanging out in the upstairs living room. I would definitely recommend this house for any group getaway."Guest: L Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: June 10, 2014View listing
"What a perfect place to unwind! Loved that I could open sliding doors to the balcony and listen to the sound of waves whether from the bedroom or the living room. Perfect view! Enjoyed some time with friends even for a weekend and was able to walk to Von's and buy groceries to prepare in the fully-furnished kitchen, eat at the many restaurants, walk the beach & watch the seals, watch football on the great flat panel and even soak in the jetted tub. A rare jewel away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Definitely recommend to all ages!"Guest: FNP Date of Stay: August 2011 Review Submitted: March 22, 2012View listing
"We stayed in this adorable 1920's cottage in early December, 2013. The property is centrally located -maybe a two minute walk to Prospect and all the La Jolla shopping. Parking throughout La Jolla is a problem, so once you've found a place to park, just use the bikes the owner has provided to jet around town or to the beach. Will be back - thanks Sary!"Guest: Della T. Date of Stay: December 2013 Review Submitted: December 20, 2013View listing
La Jolla Travel Tips
Located only 15 minutes from downtown San Diego, La Jolla is an exciting area filled with delightful beaches, excellent dining options and plenty of cultural activities to make for a great vacation.
Traveling around La Jolla, you can appreciate the natural beauty surrounding the neighborhood, including the Pacific Ocean. As you explore the neighborhood, you can visit any of the many museums to learn more about the area or peruse a gallery to see magnificent works of art, then follow it up by a stop at a tasty fresh seafood restaurant to complete an amazing California vacation.
Things to Do in La Jolla
- The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: This outstanding art space features exhibits showcasing international talent. The MCASD at La Jolla provides unbeatable ocean views from the Edwards Garden Gallery. They can also be seen while you grab a quick bite on the patio at the Museum Cafe. The art collection boasts more than 4,000 works developed after 1950 in a variety of mediums, including video, paint, photography, sculpture, installation and paper.
- The Birch Aquarium at Scripps: To witness the marine life of La Jolla up close, visit the Birch Aquarium. The whole family can enjoy a fun adventure learning about the ocean through exhibits, programs and activities at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego Some favorite exhibits include the Hall of Fishes, There’s Something about Seahorses, Living Tide Pools and Whales: Voices in the Sea Interactive.
- La Jolla Open Aire Market: On Sundays take a trip to the upper playground at La Jolla Elementary to enjoy the La Jolla Open Aire Market. Meet people from the community, listen to live music and peruse handmade arts and crafts while taking a bite of some local food offerings. The Open Aire Market is one of the biggest and best in the area. You’re sure to find a unique souvenir here to remember your vacation as well as tasty, locally-grown groceries for making a delicious meal in your accommodation.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: If you’re hoping to spend some time in the great outdoors during your trip to La Jolla, make sure to visit the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve. With 8 miles of trails, you can plan out an adventurous hike or take a guided nature walk. Check out the visitor center to learn more about the park and the land.
- La Jolla Cove: To enjoy a day of snorkeling, swimming and diving, head to la Jolla Cove. With calm, eco-protected waters, it’s a safe spot for viewing sting rays, a variety of fish and maybe even a leopard shark. You can also catch some rays on the shore or try your hand at building a fancy, expensive sandcastle.
Dining in La Jolla
- Brockton Villa: You’ll want to start the day with a delicious morning meal to provide you with plenty of energy, and one of La Jolla’s best breakfast places is Brockton Villa. Located in an old bungalow on a hillside above La Jolla Cove, this is a favorite spot among locals for a morning meal. With many egg options including a variety of steamers, pancakes and the house-specialty, coast toast french toast, there’s plenty to chow down on.
- Beaumont’s: Brunch is a favorite meal no matter where you are, and Beaumont’s a great place to dine. Situated in the Bird Rock seaside community, Beaumont’s offers a casual atmosphere and is a favorite meeting spot for La Jolla locals. Enjoy meal options like quiches, pancakes, eggs, salmon and bagels, or opt for something more savory like a Cuban sandwich, Beaumont’s burger or a croque madame.
- Puesto: For a delicious dinner out, try Puesto, a popular eatery serving up home-cooked Mexican street food. All meals are made-to-order and all salsas are prepared from scratch. Dine on traditional Mexican fare like chicken al pastor, carnitas and carne asada. There are vegetarian options as well including zucchini flower, soy chorizo potatoes and huitlacoche truffle.
- Michele Coulon Dessertier: If you have a serious sweet tooth, stop by Michele Coulon Dessertier. Here you’ll fill delicious sweet and savory offerings made from the best organic ingredients, like real butter and Belgian chocolate. Indulge in a variety of cakes, tartes, truffles, brownies, cookies, cupcakes, pies, cheesecakes and so much more. This sweet shop is certainly a sugar lover’s dream.