This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in La Jolla currently advertising. Please see the USA, California, San Diego County vacation rentals page.
Recent La Jolla reviews
"We lucked out and found this gem of a home relatively late in the season. It far exceeded our expectations. It was very well equipped, containing absolutely anything you could need. There was even a large array of kids books and games in the closet. This house would be amazing for entertaining thanks to a backyard, pool, and outdoor kitchen that are unlike anything I have ever seen. When my kids first saw the backyard they declared that they were not going to leave the house for the whole week. We did however leave anyway and found that the home is in an incredibly great location. It is minutes from the I5, Seaworld, Mission Beach, La Jolla, Bel Mont Park and so much more. I could not have asked for a better spot. The home also has absolutely unbeatable views from the back yard. We watched the fireworks at Seaworld every night and the fireworks on July 4th were the best I've seen as we were able to watch 8 different shows all at the same time over the backdrop of the ocean, bay and city. I can't more strongly recommend this home as a vacation rental. The owners were great and greeted us on arrival to make sure that it all went smoothly. We hope to be back soon."Guest: Kim S. Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: July 25, 2014View listing
"The house is very comfortable and made us fell like we were in our house instead of being in a rental or hotel. Everything you need is just closed to the house: supermarket; drugstore; Gas station...Wake up in the morning and check the waves condition from the window was priceless and the surf is really fun at windansea beach. The sunset is wonderful that is why everybody come to see. Great and pleasant neighborhood. La Jolla and San Diego city is such a wonderful place....i will be back for sure."Guest: Luciano G. Date of Stay: January 2014 Review Submitted: February 10, 2014View listing
"We stayed at this home for 7 days in August. While the home and property are beautiful and the furniture comfortable it was extremely uncomfortable because of the heat. It was 85 on average at midnight which made our stay a bit of a drag. They did provide us fans, however, that just pushed the warm air around in the bedroom. The woman whom we spoke with said there was a nice breeze and no need for air conditioning but that was not true. Other than that the stay was nice. The home is in a quiet neighborhood that is close to everything."Guest: Dominguez Family Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: September 2, 2014View listing
"A perfect setting, close to everything yet quiet and peaceful. We have never enjoyed more a vacation in La Jolla, this home is just delightful."Guest: Englishtransplant Date of Stay: January 2014 Review Submitted: March 1, 2014View listing
La Jolla Travel Tips
Located only 15 minutes from downtown San Diego, La Jolla is an exciting area filled with delightful beaches, excellent dining options and plenty of cultural activities to make for a great vacation.
Traveling around La Jolla, you can appreciate the natural beauty surrounding the neighborhood, including the Pacific Ocean. As you explore the neighborhood, you can visit any of the many museums to learn more about the area or peruse a gallery to see magnificent works of art, then follow it up by a stop at a tasty fresh seafood restaurant to complete an amazing California vacation.
Things to Do in La Jolla
- The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: This outstanding art space features exhibits showcasing international talent. The MCASD at La Jolla provides unbeatable ocean views from the Edwards Garden Gallery. They can also be seen while you grab a quick bite on the patio at the Museum Cafe. The art collection boasts more than 4,000 works developed after 1950 in a variety of mediums, including video, paint, photography, sculpture, installation and paper.
- The Birch Aquarium at Scripps: To witness the marine life of La Jolla up close, visit the Birch Aquarium. The whole family can enjoy a fun adventure learning about the ocean through exhibits, programs and activities at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego Some favorite exhibits include the Hall of Fishes, There’s Something about Seahorses, Living Tide Pools and Whales: Voices in the Sea Interactive.
- La Jolla Open Aire Market: On Sundays take a trip to the upper playground at La Jolla Elementary to enjoy the La Jolla Open Aire Market. Meet people from the community, listen to live music and peruse handmade arts and crafts while taking a bite of some local food offerings. The Open Aire Market is one of the biggest and best in the area. You’re sure to find a unique souvenir here to remember your vacation as well as tasty, locally-grown groceries for making a delicious meal in your accommodation.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: If you’re hoping to spend some time in the great outdoors during your trip to La Jolla, make sure to visit the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve. With 8 miles of trails, you can plan out an adventurous hike or take a guided nature walk. Check out the visitor center to learn more about the park and the land.
- La Jolla Cove: To enjoy a day of snorkeling, swimming and diving, head to la Jolla Cove. With calm, eco-protected waters, it’s a safe spot for viewing sting rays, a variety of fish and maybe even a leopard shark. You can also catch some rays on the shore or try your hand at building a fancy, expensive sandcastle.
Dining in La Jolla
- Brockton Villa: You’ll want to start the day with a delicious morning meal to provide you with plenty of energy, and one of La Jolla’s best breakfast places is Brockton Villa. Located in an old bungalow on a hillside above La Jolla Cove, this is a favorite spot among locals for a morning meal. With many egg options including a variety of steamers, pancakes and the house-specialty, coast toast french toast, there’s plenty to chow down on.
- Beaumont’s: Brunch is a favorite meal no matter where you are, and Beaumont’s a great place to dine. Situated in the Bird Rock seaside community, Beaumont’s offers a casual atmosphere and is a favorite meeting spot for La Jolla locals. Enjoy meal options like quiches, pancakes, eggs, salmon and bagels, or opt for something more savory like a Cuban sandwich, Beaumont’s burger or a croque madame.
- Puesto: For a delicious dinner out, try Puesto, a popular eatery serving up home-cooked Mexican street food. All meals are made-to-order and all salsas are prepared from scratch. Dine on traditional Mexican fare like chicken al pastor, carnitas and carne asada. There are vegetarian options as well including zucchini flower, soy chorizo potatoes and huitlacoche truffle.
- Michele Coulon Dessertier: If you have a serious sweet tooth, stop by Michele Coulon Dessertier. Here you’ll fill delicious sweet and savory offerings made from the best organic ingredients, like real butter and Belgian chocolate. Indulge in a variety of cakes, tartes, truffles, brownies, cookies, cupcakes, pies, cheesecakes and so much more. This sweet shop is certainly a sugar lover’s dream.