This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in La Jolla currently advertising. Please see the USA, California, San Diego County vacation rentals page.
Recent La Jolla reviews
"Perfect location, clean and all the amentities! Perfect for small family. 2 minute walk to the beach, quiet complex. Will definitely be back! J. Minuskin~ Phoenix, AZ"Guest: Jo Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: June 26, 2014View listing
"Our family was looking for a house with beautiful views, beach access, and a pool, and we hit the jackpot with this property, which very comfortably slept our group of 8 adults, a 4 year old, and a 9 month old. The home is breathtakingly beautiful and well-maintained, and the photos don't do it justice. We spent every day in the pool and jacuzzi and grilling and sharing family meals on the patio / courtyard area, and we enjoyed walking through the beautiful surrounding neighborhood to tide pools and to Bird Rock. Overall, it's a great property and we would definitely stay there again!"Guest: Steve Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: August 2, 2014View listing
"This rental is ideally located in the Windansea beach area not far from downtown. The unit is half a block from Windansea Beach, which is spectacular. Surf was up the week we were here and we enjoyed taking our morning coffee down to the beach every day to watch the surfers and the waves crashing against the rocky shoreline. At low tide the sand beach is exposed and one day we walked to the Cove and back, enjoying the beautiful shoreline all the way. The unit is generally clean and well stocked, the beds are comfortable and the owner has thoughtfully provided beach chairs and boogie boards for guests to use. There is an attached garage so no worries about parking. The area is busy with surfers and beach goers during the day but quiet at night. The owner is easy to deal with, and our deposit was refunded very promptly."Guest: Peter Date of Stay: January 2014 Review Submitted: February 12, 2014View listing
"This is simply a great little home located a very short walk to the beach. There's plenty of room and the little garden with the gazebo and grill were fantastic to have! Very easy to rent and the owner was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended A++++"Guest: Family from the mountains Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: June 10, 2014View listing
La Jolla Travel Tips
Located only 15 minutes from downtown San Diego, La Jolla is an exciting area filled with delightful beaches, excellent dining options and plenty of cultural activities to make for a great vacation.
Traveling around La Jolla, you can appreciate the natural beauty surrounding the neighborhood, including the Pacific Ocean. As you explore the neighborhood, you can visit any of the many museums to learn more about the area or peruse a gallery to see magnificent works of art, then follow it up by a stop at a tasty fresh seafood restaurant to complete an amazing California vacation.
Things to Do in La Jolla
- The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: This outstanding art space features exhibits showcasing international talent. The MCASD at La Jolla provides unbeatable ocean views from the Edwards Garden Gallery. They can also be seen while you grab a quick bite on the patio at the Museum Cafe. The art collection boasts more than 4,000 works developed after 1950 in a variety of mediums, including video, paint, photography, sculpture, installation and paper.
- The Birch Aquarium at Scripps: To witness the marine life of La Jolla up close, visit the Birch Aquarium. The whole family can enjoy a fun adventure learning about the ocean through exhibits, programs and activities at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego Some favorite exhibits include the Hall of Fishes, There’s Something about Seahorses, Living Tide Pools and Whales: Voices in the Sea Interactive.
- La Jolla Open Aire Market: On Sundays take a trip to the upper playground at La Jolla Elementary to enjoy the La Jolla Open Aire Market. Meet people from the community, listen to live music and peruse handmade arts and crafts while taking a bite of some local food offerings. The Open Aire Market is one of the biggest and best in the area. You’re sure to find a unique souvenir here to remember your vacation as well as tasty, locally-grown groceries for making a delicious meal in your accommodation.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: If you’re hoping to spend some time in the great outdoors during your trip to La Jolla, make sure to visit the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve. With 8 miles of trails, you can plan out an adventurous hike or take a guided nature walk. Check out the visitor center to learn more about the park and the land.
- La Jolla Cove: To enjoy a day of snorkeling, swimming and diving, head to la Jolla Cove. With calm, eco-protected waters, it’s a safe spot for viewing sting rays, a variety of fish and maybe even a leopard shark. You can also catch some rays on the shore or try your hand at building a fancy, expensive sandcastle.
Dining in La Jolla
- Brockton Villa: You’ll want to start the day with a delicious morning meal to provide you with plenty of energy, and one of La Jolla’s best breakfast places is Brockton Villa. Located in an old bungalow on a hillside above La Jolla Cove, this is a favorite spot among locals for a morning meal. With many egg options including a variety of steamers, pancakes and the house-specialty, coast toast french toast, there’s plenty to chow down on.
- Beaumont’s: Brunch is a favorite meal no matter where you are, and Beaumont’s a great place to dine. Situated in the Bird Rock seaside community, Beaumont’s offers a casual atmosphere and is a favorite meeting spot for La Jolla locals. Enjoy meal options like quiches, pancakes, eggs, salmon and bagels, or opt for something more savory like a Cuban sandwich, Beaumont’s burger or a croque madame.
- Puesto: For a delicious dinner out, try Puesto, a popular eatery serving up home-cooked Mexican street food. All meals are made-to-order and all salsas are prepared from scratch. Dine on traditional Mexican fare like chicken al pastor, carnitas and carne asada. There are vegetarian options as well including zucchini flower, soy chorizo potatoes and huitlacoche truffle.
- Michele Coulon Dessertier: If you have a serious sweet tooth, stop by Michele Coulon Dessertier. Here you’ll fill delicious sweet and savory offerings made from the best organic ingredients, like real butter and Belgian chocolate. Indulge in a variety of cakes, tartes, truffles, brownies, cookies, cupcakes, pies, cheesecakes and so much more. This sweet shop is certainly a sugar lover’s dream.