This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in La Jolla currently advertising. Please see the USA, California, San Diego County vacation rentals page.
Recent La Jolla reviews
"My family spent a week at Windansea Beach house in early May and had a wonderful time. The location was fabulous, the house was clean and the price was awesome for being in La Jolla. Joe was waiting for us when we got into town, showed us around the house and gave us some great tips concerning things to do/places to eat while in San Diego that were not "tourist traps". The home is very kid friendly and having Joe supply a Pac & Play along with a high chair was a huge plus! There was one VERY minor issue that took place during our stay (it was out of Joe's control) which he addressed IMMEDIATELY. We are already planning an adult only trip back to La Jolla and will stay here again! Eric, Julianna & Blake"Guest: Eric K. Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: May 14, 2014View listing
"We were in La Jolla for a wedding. The house was great for the 8 of us; plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms for the large group. Access to La Jolla Shores beach was very easy; walked to Scripps pier every morning and evening."Guest: Jerri Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 13, 2014View listing
"This is our second vacation at this La Jolla condo. Our family was very comfortable here and the location can't be beat. We have a teenager and young adult child that love to walk to the beach, area restaurants and surf shop. After a day exploring SD it was so comforting to come "home" to the condo at night and relax. The kids had room to spread out and the area is very safe. The condo has beach chairs, towels and even a boogie board to use. On Sunday the kids and I walked to the local farmers market and brought back fresh fruit and baked goods. There are many places to shop and eat, all within walking distance. We had an issue with one of the appliances and emailed the manager. She was so prompt with a response and let the owner know right away. We appreciate the owner being so kind to send us a partial refund for the inconvenience. We will definitely stay here again and happily refer our friends to as well. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable and safe family condo to rent....this is the place."Guest: Lisa w. Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: September 9, 2014View listing
"Super adorable 3 bedroom cottage. Very comfortable with a classic beach-lover's decor. The owners are on-site and willing to assist in any way possible. Very friendly and quiet. The neighborhood is quite safe with lots of room to walk you and your pup(s). There's lots of great eateries within walking distance. The ocean is deliciously close, but not so close that you can hear the seals bark at night. I wouldn't recommend this property if you're bringing a dog that needs a grassy yard. It's strictly a walk-your-dog arrangement. We had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend this property to our friends!"Guest: Sam R. Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: June 4, 2014View listing
La Jolla Travel Tips
Located only 15 minutes from downtown San Diego, La Jolla is an exciting area filled with delightful beaches, excellent dining options and plenty of cultural activities to make for a great vacation.
Traveling around La Jolla, you can appreciate the natural beauty surrounding the neighborhood, including the Pacific Ocean. As you explore the neighborhood, you can visit any of the many museums to learn more about the area or peruse a gallery to see magnificent works of art, then follow it up by a stop at a tasty fresh seafood restaurant to complete an amazing California vacation.
Things to Do in La Jolla
- The Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: This outstanding art space features exhibits showcasing international talent. The MCASD at La Jolla provides unbeatable ocean views from the Edwards Garden Gallery. They can also be seen while you grab a quick bite on the patio at the Museum Cafe. The art collection boasts more than 4,000 works developed after 1950 in a variety of mediums, including video, paint, photography, sculpture, installation and paper.
- The Birch Aquarium at Scripps: To witness the marine life of La Jolla up close, visit the Birch Aquarium. The whole family can enjoy a fun adventure learning about the ocean through exhibits, programs and activities at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San Diego Some favorite exhibits include the Hall of Fishes, There’s Something about Seahorses, Living Tide Pools and Whales: Voices in the Sea Interactive.
- La Jolla Open Aire Market: On Sundays take a trip to the upper playground at La Jolla Elementary to enjoy the La Jolla Open Aire Market. Meet people from the community, listen to live music and peruse handmade arts and crafts while taking a bite of some local food offerings. The Open Aire Market is one of the biggest and best in the area. You’re sure to find a unique souvenir here to remember your vacation as well as tasty, locally-grown groceries for making a delicious meal in your accommodation.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: If you’re hoping to spend some time in the great outdoors during your trip to La Jolla, make sure to visit the Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve. With 8 miles of trails, you can plan out an adventurous hike or take a guided nature walk. Check out the visitor center to learn more about the park and the land.
- La Jolla Cove: To enjoy a day of snorkeling, swimming and diving, head to la Jolla Cove. With calm, eco-protected waters, it’s a safe spot for viewing sting rays, a variety of fish and maybe even a leopard shark. You can also catch some rays on the shore or try your hand at building a fancy, expensive sandcastle.
Dining in La Jolla
- Brockton Villa: You’ll want to start the day with a delicious morning meal to provide you with plenty of energy, and one of La Jolla’s best breakfast places is Brockton Villa. Located in an old bungalow on a hillside above La Jolla Cove, this is a favorite spot among locals for a morning meal. With many egg options including a variety of steamers, pancakes and the house-specialty, coast toast french toast, there’s plenty to chow down on.
- Beaumont’s: Brunch is a favorite meal no matter where you are, and Beaumont’s a great place to dine. Situated in the Bird Rock seaside community, Beaumont’s offers a casual atmosphere and is a favorite meeting spot for La Jolla locals. Enjoy meal options like quiches, pancakes, eggs, salmon and bagels, or opt for something more savory like a Cuban sandwich, Beaumont’s burger or a croque madame.
- Puesto: For a delicious dinner out, try Puesto, a popular eatery serving up home-cooked Mexican street food. All meals are made-to-order and all salsas are prepared from scratch. Dine on traditional Mexican fare like chicken al pastor, carnitas and carne asada. There are vegetarian options as well including zucchini flower, soy chorizo potatoes and huitlacoche truffle.
- Michele Coulon Dessertier: If you have a serious sweet tooth, stop by Michele Coulon Dessertier. Here you’ll fill delicious sweet and savory offerings made from the best organic ingredients, like real butter and Belgian chocolate. Indulge in a variety of cakes, tartes, truffles, brownies, cookies, cupcakes, pies, cheesecakes and so much more. This sweet shop is certainly a sugar lover’s dream.