VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"Beautiful casita lives up to the pictures. Great location, 10 minute walk to Rancho Santa Fe. Very private from main house and rarely saw anyone but owner is responsive if needed. Easy access by car to Del Mar and La Jolla. Would return there in future without question."
Guest: ThomsonDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 11, 2015
"6 families (12 adults and 18 kids, with kids ranging in age from 8 to 16) rented this house for Memorial weekend 2015. We had a great experience and definitely recommend it. What we liked:
-It's hard to find a house that will comfortably fit that many people, and that has enough master bedrooms for 6 couples. This house is HUGE.
- All of the bedrooms (6 bedrooms in the main house and 2 in the guest house) are very comfortable.
- Our group of families likes to cook and eats all of our meals in. The kitchen is very large, with 2 large islands and 2 sinks, providing plenty of space for lots of people to work in the kitchen at the same time.
- Our kids loved playing in the pool, Jacuzzi and waterslide, and loved watching movies in the home's media room.
- We loved being able to pick lemons, oranges and grapefruit from the orchid on the property.
- Unless you want to, there's really no reason for your group to leave the property. It's got everything.
- The onsite caretaker welcomed us when we arrived and showed us around. She came by 2 of the 3 mornings and spent a couple hours cleaning in the kitchen and tidying up the house. She was also available 24/7 if we had any questions about how to work anything. That was a nice bonus.
- One night we BBQ'd outside and it was great that there were 4 long folding tables available.
All in all, I highly recommend this house for large groups."
Guest: CathDate of Stay: May 2015Review Submitted: May 27, 2015
"Four generations - ages 12 - 80 - gathered from all over the country to celebrate some big birthdays - 30, 40, 60 and 80 - a lot to celebrate. The 12 of us absolutely loved Above the Clouds. What a great place for all of us to play, eat, relax, and enJOY our special time together. So conducive to family time or quiet time - plenty of room to spread out. Loved the openness, layout, kitchen and lanai area especially. The pool, hot tub, slide and waterfalls were a huge hit with all of us - even my 80 year old mother made her way down the slide. We didn't want to leave - everything and more that we needed was right there. Catering by Stoked! was wonderful for a Tour of Italy. Most of the rest of our meals we cooked and ate there - no one wanted to leave! Deer, hummingbirds, geckos all joined in on the fun! Made it extra special. The landscape and flowers were beautiful. Felt we were in the "country" and away from crowds, yet grocery and other conveniences 5 minutes away. We did venture out to Safari Park (closer than zoo; take the caravan safari to feed the giraffes up close and personal). Also did the 2 hour Harbor Cruise and then true Mexican dinner in Olde Town. A special event at a special place. Thanks so much Deb and Randy for sharing your little slice of heaven on earth with us. We highly recommend."
Guest: DebDate of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: September 23, 2015
"Wow !! What a wonderful home to use for a family gathering. We had six people in the kitchen at one time, chopping, stirring, laughing and dancing. Great place for a large group. We had coffee outside on the front patio and ended our day in the backyard around the BBQ and pool The outside pool and hot tub were a hit. The pool table and shuffle board were enjoyed by all age family members. The house was nice and clean and in a great location to the beach, shopping and walking trails. We can't wait to have a reason to book this beautiful home. Oh and the beds are very comfortable. :)"
Guest: John R.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 21, 2015