"Came back from a 3 night stay at this house, 2 families with kids. The location is amazing - at the end of a little town, where you feel like there are no neighbors, and most of your view is the huge yard and forests.
The house is well equipped. Beds were good. Rooms were spacious. Not a new or modern house, but clean and for the most part everything works.
Kitchen is small, but living area is fine.
By far our favorite feature was the fire-pit, which is set up next to the ponds with koi fish and waterfall. Sitting on wooden chairs by the fire-pit, with the sound of the waterfall, is just a heavenly relaxing experience. Endless supply of firewood was a plus too.
Sarah, the innkeeper was very responsive and helpful.
Some minor issues you might want to be aware of (while we still overall give it 5 stars!):
- The layout of the house is, how should I put it gently - unusual... a downside is that one of the downstairs rooms is connected to upstairs, only by going through one of the other rooms (unless you walk out and back in through another door).
- Related to the above, the master bedroom doesn't have as much privacy, since a stairway from downstairs goes through it, and can't be closed without isolating another room.
- Some of the doors are tricky to close. For example between the master bedroom and the kitchen, the door just keeps popping open.
- I don't think there was any air conditioning. We didn't need it, but if you go there during a hot spell, be aware. There are plenty of windows and the area is windy, so I suspect it might be fine anyways.
- Stairs are a bit steep for small kids. If you have kids that are not yet very comfortable with stairs, you may need to us a gate (I think there might even be one on the property stashed somewhere)
- Beware that while the house is big, the base price is for 4 people and you will be charged extra for each additional one. So it might end up a lot more expensive than you thought when it first showed up in your search! It's worth it though :-)
A hiking trail from the street to the beach is really nice. We didn't go all the way with our small kids, but the part we did was beautiful.
We would certainly consider coming back again!"
Guest: Guy P.
Date of Stay: April 2015
Review Submitted: April 8, 2015