VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Bodega Bay reviews
What a relaxing area to visit!!
"All four of us really enjoyed our time at Bodega Bay!! The house was equipped with everything we could ask for if we used something we just replaced it - made us feel very much like being at home. We can not say enough about the beautiful weather and OH what a view of the bay. We would definitely return to this area!!"
Guest: Linda H.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 8, 2015
"My 77 year old mother and I stayed at this beautiful home for our mother-daughter trip. The home was easy for her to maneuver around with or without her cane. She mostly got around without her cane which was surprisingly nice to see. There is a step down into the sunken living room, and the sturdy separation wall gave her something to support herself for the step up and down. There is a jetted tub in the master bath which I highly recommend. Both bathrooms are nicely updated. I applaude the massive amounts of outlets in the home so you can chargeup everywhere, even on the back patio. There is limited to no cell service (I have TMobile) in this area of Bodega Bay. However, you can use wifi calling if your phone has this function, and there are phones in the home.
The location of the home is just north of downtown Bodega Bay, and west of the quaint towns and wineries of Sonoma. However, with fabulous views of the ocean from literally every angle of the home, you will not want to leave; and, with a modern kitchen you do not have to leave. Listen to the waves rolling in with a sky full of stars and the moon reflecting off the ocean. And, enjoy the best sunsets ever from the front deck.
There is beach access fairly close to the home and across the street (Rt 1). During the day, a few families and couples hang out on the beach, but you do not hear them at all. You can enjoy the ocean from a cliff-like edge above the beach if you cannot maneuver your way down the path to the beach
The rental company folks are very patient and nice since we; checked in late, did not carry the provided directions to the home (Note: use GPS for the home address after you are in Bodega), and were polite when we called them at 8pm with an important question -- how to work the AC (there is none).
There are only a few items I would suggest for an even more perfect stay: clean the windowsills where you twist the windows open; mention in the ad and check-in book how to keep the home cool since there is no AC -- your instructions worked; add screens to the sliders throughout the home; update the outdoor seating and loungers for the back decks.
Overall, the home was clean and nice, with very positive energy. I would stay here again, and have already recommended it to friends."
Guest: Melissa F.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: October 4, 2015
Amazing stay at Aftermath: incredible views, cozy house
"To be honest, I'm almost reluctant to post this review as to let others know about this gem of a place. My boyfriend and I stayed at Aftermath for two nights for a romantic getaway, and came back raving to our friends how amazing the stay was. The house was the perfect blend of rustic and cozy, but equipped with the modern amenities that make the stay easy (e.g. direct TV, speakers, hot tub, etc.) The kitchen was well stocked with the necessary cookware to make just about anything, and was easy to cook in, especially with the modern stove and dishwasher. We enjoyed beautiful sunsets from the hot tub, which was quite private, enjoyed meals from the indoor table or outdoor deck which all afforded sweeping views of the beach, and cozied up in front of the gas fireplace at night.
Beth and the Nichols family thought of everything to make the stay comfortable -- we loved reading about the house's history and seeing photos of what it used to look like. We're hoping to return to Aftermath for another stay in the not so distant future! Thank you, Beth!"
Guest: Victoria C.Date of Stay: November 2015Review Submitted: November 20, 2015
"We had a family spring break here with 11 people and our dog (clean and well trained) and absolutely loved it! The photos on VRBO just don't do this place justice. View from the back patio is a stunning 180 degree view of the ocean where you can see from Pt. Reyes all the way to Bodega Harbor. The place needs a little TLC here and there but other than some minor repairs and upkeep, this house is fantastic. We will definitely be coming back!
- My aunt is disabled and my mother in law has bad knees. Both stayed on the main floor and if you have anyone who has trouble getting around, you can have them stay on the main floor and it's a maximum of two steps up or down to get anywhere they'd need to go. Not wheelchair friendly but certainly manageable for anyone who is not in a wheelchair
- Beach is 10 minutes max and it is a spectacular morning walk. This is another thing the listing doesn't do justice. We walked at least 90 minutes on the beach every day...just incredible location
- This house is roughly 10 minutes drive from Spud Point marina so anything you would need that is local is within 10 minutes drive
- No major supermarkets anywhere nearby so if you need any specialty items, bring them yourself
- Listing doesn't make this clear but the house comes with a set of towels for everyone, three rolls of TP per bathroom and I think two rolls of paper towels. Good idea to bring beach towels, extra TP, etc.
- The sleeping alcoves are actually elevated cut outs in the walls of two of the upstairs bedrooms. They are seriously cool and our kids all battled over who got to sleep in the alcoves.
- We saw several whales from the back patio so keep an eye out for that
- Firewood is provided (at least it was for us)
- The ping pong table is pretty banged up so if you are a serious player, bring your own rackets and balls. Our kids had a blast but don't plan on practicing for the olympics :-)
- Bring your own shampoo but the bathrooms have some soap
- Parking is very good/easy
- The WiFi here is very good compared to other rentals we've had"
Guest: Cabo QuatroDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 9, 2015