VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Bodega Bay reviews
"This cottage exceeded my expectations! Very clean, well designed layout for a small space. Incredibly stocked kitchen. Pleasant surprise to find the bed in the living area is actually a KING! You absolutely cannot beat the stunning location! I have never stayed in a house with such a beautiful location. No neighbors, off the beaten path, get right on HWY 1 and accessible to everything. Probably my favorite beach house ever!"
Guest: Heather W.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: September 14, 2015
"All the other reviews were right on point. Views, wildlife and thoughtful touches made this place delightful. Ardelle really thought of everything you would possibly need on a trip. For Halloween there was a trick or treat bucket with candy in case we got knocks on the door.Thank you so much for everything. We loved the short walk to the beach and our 4 year old twins found it a doable walk too. The Lego says for ages 6-12 but it had our 4 year olds as well as our 65 year old entertained for hours! Kids books were great! Spotlessly clean vacation home which we loved. Definately one of the best vacation homes we've stayed at."
Guest: Sandy TDate of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: November 2, 2015
"Four women friends spent 4 days/3 nights at this terrific house with great access to the beach and golf course in Bodega Bay. We chose it for the 4 bd/4 bath accommodations, its wonderful location, spectacular views, and amenities as described on the VRBO website. We received very prompt and courteous responses from the owner and comprehensive information about the rental for which we were very grateful. Almost everything was as described.
But not to take anything away from our very favorable impressions overall, our ratings for this house would be the very highest if these improvements were made:
* Windows need to be better cleaned inside and out. Windows in some bedrooms were stuck and could not be opened to receive the sea breezes, and had no screens to ward off bugs.
*Facial tissues in the bathrooms would have been nice.
*Not all TVs worked, e.g. master bedroom. And some bedroom TVs were only set up for games and DVDs, not broadcast viewing, which was disappointing. This was not clearly stated on the website.
*Scratchy old flannel sheets on some beds were not comfortable or pleasing.
*Many dish mugs had coffee/tea stains that need to be scrubbed well or replaced.
*More clothes hangers in the closets would have helped.
*There is a leak in the shower head in the master bedroom downstairs.
*Some light bulbs were out. We could not find any replacements.
*The electric tea kettle has a lot of lime scale so we did not use.
*The hum of the hot tub is very distracting in one of the lower bedrooms.
*Explicit instructions needed for combination lock; that you have to re-input the combination in order to put the key back in the box as you leave.
All in all, Pelican Perch is pretty spectacular and we would stay here again if the opportunity arose."
Guest: Lily L.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 23, 2015
"We had a family spring break here with 11 people and our dog (clean and well trained) and absolutely loved it! The photos on VRBO just don't do this place justice. View from the back patio is a stunning 180 degree view of the ocean where you can see from Pt. Reyes all the way to Bodega Harbor. The place needs a little TLC here and there but other than some minor repairs and upkeep, this house is fantastic. We will definitely be coming back!
- My aunt is disabled and my mother in law has bad knees. Both stayed on the main floor and if you have anyone who has trouble getting around, you can have them stay on the main floor and it's a maximum of two steps up or down to get anywhere they'd need to go. Not wheelchair friendly but certainly manageable for anyone who is not in a wheelchair
- Beach is 10 minutes max and it is a spectacular morning walk. This is another thing the listing doesn't do justice. We walked at least 90 minutes on the beach every day...just incredible location
- This house is roughly 10 minutes drive from Spud Point marina so anything you would need that is local is within 10 minutes drive
- No major supermarkets anywhere nearby so if you need any specialty items, bring them yourself
- Listing doesn't make this clear but the house comes with a set of towels for everyone, three rolls of TP per bathroom and I think two rolls of paper towels. Good idea to bring beach towels, extra TP, etc.
- The sleeping alcoves are actually elevated cut outs in the walls of two of the upstairs bedrooms. They are seriously cool and our kids all battled over who got to sleep in the alcoves.
- We saw several whales from the back patio so keep an eye out for that
- Firewood is provided (at least it was for us)
- The ping pong table is pretty banged up so if you are a serious player, bring your own rackets and balls. Our kids had a blast but don't plan on practicing for the olympics :-)
- Bring your own shampoo but the bathrooms have some soap
- Parking is very good/easy
- The WiFi here is very good compared to other rentals we've had"
Guest: Cabo QuatroDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 9, 2015