VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"My husband and I stayed at the Stern & Anchor for a plein air event he was participating in and we were most impressed with this cottage! We've stayed at many VRBO rentals and other owner owned rentals and this is, by far, the cleanest we have ever been in. Attention to every detail is evident and we loved coming back after a long day of painting and relaxing with a glass of wine with an amazing view of the Salmon Creek and the ocean in the distance. Early morning walks were so quiet and we saw many forms of wildlife and birds. The pictures on this rental are very accurate. We have both been in the hospitality business and this deserves the 5 stars we give it. Now, I only have a few things to mention, especially to the ladies...if you spend time in the bathroom putting on make-up or bring a lot of toiletries, etc...you may be a bit disappointed in the bathroom. There is virtually no space to put anything except maybe a small bag of cosmetics. No drawer space, nowhere to put dryer/curling irons, etc. It's a gorgeous bathroom but designed for men. There was no kleenex tissue anywhere in the house, so make sure to bring your own. Also, the bed in the master bedroom is very, very hard...not firm...hard. We both had a difficult time getting a sound sleep. Some may like a hard bed, but I prefer a pillow-top firm mattress. Also, ladies...the kitchen is great but no dishwasher or disposal. No big deal, just giving a heads up. We loved staying there and plan on returning the next time we are in Bodega Bay!"
Guest: J & JDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: June 29, 2015
"Right when you drive into the development, you know you are somewhere special. And it only gets better. We decided to rent this house to unwind with some friends after our daughters wedding in Sonoma. There were 3 couples, all from Atlanta and all previous VRBO users. "Royal Pacific" is everything and more that we needed and wanted. The views are spectacular from everywhere (pictures do not do it justice) and the house was fantastic. It lacked NOTHING. From the chef's kitchen to the hot tub, to the theatre (with 100's of movies), to glassware, dinnerware, to the stocked pantry with every spice. Every moment was a delight. The owner gave a courtesy call to insure we had no problems or questions and was a delight to talk to. Highly recommend. Will come back next time."
Guest: Buck & SandiDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 24, 2015
"What a great place to get away and relax for a few days or more. A very cozy and quiet setting with wonderful floor to ceiling windows to enhance the ocean and beach views. It is only a short walk to the ocean beach where you can enjoy a stroll along the shoreline, taking in the sights of surfers and shorebirds along the way. Will definitely be headed back."
Guest: Jeff NobleDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 26, 2015
"We had a family spring break here with 11 people and our dog (clean and well trained) and absolutely loved it! The photos on VRBO just don't do this place justice. View from the back patio is a stunning 180 degree view of the ocean where you can see from Pt. Reyes all the way to Bodega Harbor. The place needs a little TLC here and there but other than some minor repairs and upkeep, this house is fantastic. We will definitely be coming back!
- My aunt is disabled and my mother in law has bad knees. Both stayed on the main floor and if you have anyone who has trouble getting around, you can have them stay on the main floor and it's a maximum of two steps up or down to get anywhere they'd need to go. Not wheelchair friendly but certainly manageable for anyone who is not in a wheelchair
- Beach is 10 minutes max and it is a spectacular morning walk. This is another thing the listing doesn't do justice. We walked at least 90 minutes on the beach every day...just incredible location
- This house is roughly 10 minutes drive from Spud Point marina so anything you would need that is local is within 10 minutes drive
- No major supermarkets anywhere nearby so if you need any specialty items, bring them yourself
- Listing doesn't make this clear but the house comes with a set of towels for everyone, three rolls of TP per bathroom and I think two rolls of paper towels. Good idea to bring beach towels, extra TP, etc.
- The sleeping alcoves are actually elevated cut outs in the walls of two of the upstairs bedrooms. They are seriously cool and our kids all battled over who got to sleep in the alcoves.
- We saw several whales from the back patio so keep an eye out for that
- Firewood is provided (at least it was for us)
- The ping pong table is pretty banged up so if you are a serious player, bring your own rackets and balls. Our kids had a blast but don't plan on practicing for the olympics :-)
- Bring your own shampoo but the bathrooms have some soap
- Parking is very good/easy
- The WiFi here is very good compared to other rentals we've had"
Guest: Cabo QuatroDate of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: April 9, 2015