VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"We have lived in this part of the country for 20 years and discovered this valley as a favorite getaway destination. Because we've been coming here for to this area for so long, we've had a chance to stay at several vacation rentals the canyon. Creekside is our favorite by far, for so many reasons.
1. Private Hot Springs. This is completely natural soak with NO Chemicals.
2. Hidden away location. Many of the vacation rentals in the area are located on the main road but Creek Side is on a backroad. While we were there, the ONLY noise we heard was birds chirping in the daytime and a resident owl hooting at night.
3. Protected from the wind. The house itself is nestled in a little gulch overlooking the creek, and the hot pool is several yards further down at creekside. This was great for us since our stay was during Christmas when the temps were down in the single digits, snow was on the ground and the winds were sometimes high. Even so, we were able to comfortably soak day and night. A hot soak under the stars in the dead of winter is VERY romantic!
4. Gorgeous house. Creek Side is a cut above the average vacation rental. It has the feel of an old-fashioned ski lodge with the traditional Swiss style A frame. The photos do not do it justice because the house is larger than it seems from the pictures and there are countless little touches that give the place a cozy atmosphere that made me feel right at home. We especially loved the down bedding and hot water heat that made the house so comfy.
5. Arkansas River Valley activities. GREAT TOURIST DESTINATION with things to do for every season - from skiing in the winter to white water rafting in the summer to antiquing and dining out.
6. Pets Welcome. We don't enjoy a stay in a place that disallows pets. Even so, this place is CLEAN! I have stayed at pet friendly accommodations that look and feel like animals have been there. Not so at Creekside. The cabin, grounds, and pool are scrupulously clean and sanitary.
7. Owner Managed. This is a labor of love and you don't know the value of an owner managed rental until something goes wrong. One of our dogs got loose on Christmas Day and we were heartbroken. He bolted into the forest and we didn't know where to start looking. The property owner, left his family and spent Christmas evening and night helping us search. If not for that help, we might never have found our little dog who was lost in a national forest.
Guest: Linda H.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 1, 2015
"We enjoyed our stay at this property. The house is spacious and in a convenient location. We were visiting family in the area, and this was the perfect place for us. The owners were responsive as well. The house has a nice amount of amenities in the kitchen and everywhere else. Our kids are older, but still enjoyed the backyard and the hammock. Would stay here again!"
Guest: Diane B.Date of Stay: July 2014Review Submitted: August 2, 2014
"We had a wonderful stay at this cabin in August. It is charming, comfortable, and very well maintained. The deck is fantastic, you may want to spend all your time outside. But inside is very cozy, too. We especially appreciated the traditional/historic decor and furnishings. The location is very convenient, an easy walk to the businesses of Green Mountain Falls and the lake. We look forward to returning again soon."
Guest: vacationerDate of Stay: August 2014Review Submitted: September 9, 2014
"We come to Colorado Spring every year for our World Team Qualifier. This was the first time we rented a house. The owner worked with us in every angle. The house was large and ample living areas to separate the parents from the kids. We loved that it was so close to everything. Was on a busy street but never heard a thing inside. Was clean and affordable. We will be back!"
Guest: StephanieDate of Stay: June 2014Review Submitted: July 1, 2014