"My husband and I stayed at this lovely house in late August, 2015. B/c it was just the two of us, we only used the first floor and master bedroom. The photos are very representative of how the house is (including the 2nd floor, but we didn’t use and is not part of this review). We enjoyed our stay immensely for a variety of reasons in no particular order:
• Very attractive mountain décor (exposed beams, rich leather furniture, stone fireplace, etc.)
• Very comfortable living room to relax and watch TV after a long day of activity.
• Modern updates in all the right places (kitchen appliances, flat-screens, electronics, bathrooms, reliable WiFi, etc.)
• Large, well-laid out kitchen that *seemed* well stocked. (Full disclosure: we didn’t cook while there, but the kitchen seemed to have plenty.)
• Large table for larger group/family (comfortably sit 8, could squeeze in more chairs if needed)
• Tons of storage in the kitchen, master bathroom (including “real” hairdryer – ladies will know what I mean by this) and master closet.
• Excellent water pressure in the master shower.
• Good privacy (b/c of how the house is situated with mature trees/plantings, the house felt very private as we roamed around the first floor and master bedroom, especially at night with the lights on).
• Charming, private back deck/patio with portable firepit and tiki torches.
• Well-maintained landscaping w/ timed sprinkler system.
• Situated on a quiet street (corner of Teocalli and Second Street).
• Great view of Mt. Crested Butte as you enter/leave the house each time.
• Easy walk to Elk Avenue (at least in the summer, never stayed in town during the winter).
While we found the house on VRBO, we actually worked with a property management company – Crested Butte Property Management (www.cbprop.com) – to reserve the property. Tracy is very reliable and easy to work with. While we didn’t meet the on-site property manager, Meghan, she was easily available and responsive via phone and text if we needed her.
I highly recommend this property if you are looking for an authentic in-town experience while in Crested Butte. And I also highly recommend Crested Butte Property Management.
I should note that we have been coming to Crested Butte for quite a few years and have tried everything – from being up at the mountain (ski season) to being in town (summer) and out in the boondocks on acreage (summer). Of all the places we have stayed, this is one of our favorites.
I should note"
Date of Stay: August 2015
Review Submitted: August 27, 2015