- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
- Country Club Hills
- De La Mesa
- De La Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cortez
- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
- San Pedro Villas
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"This is a beautiful home located overlooking a golf course. Everything you need is there for you. The house is spotless and has a screened area to have your morning coffee and watch the golfers or a beautiful sun set. The beds were very comfortable and there are ample towels and sheets if needed. Laurie was so easy to contact and so nice. I can't wait to rent the house again for a family member or tell my friends about it. I have found a jewel and if you are looking for the perfect place to stay then look no further."Guest: Jossie P. Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: July 27, 2014View listing
"Had a wonderful time. Great neighborhood; close to adult community pool. Many activities available for active adults. Home was in good condition; just as described. Great landlord!"Guest: Anonymous Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: May 13, 2014View listing
"Loved the place and hope to return again. My wife and I along with our good friends met at this wonderful place for two weeks of golf, shopping and entertainment. The house was perfectly located between Spanish Springs and Sumpter Landing. The four person golf cart was a great asset. The house layout was better than expected. The master bedroom suite was separated from the other two bedrooms, which could be closed off with a sliding door, making these two private suites. Most of our time was spent in the Lanai which overlooked a green on the adjacent par 3 golf course. The Wi-Fi was another great feature of this house. This house hit all the points I was looking for in a rental for two couples.......great location; 3 bedrooms (private); 4-person golf cart; on the golf course; Wi-Fi. The kitchen had everything even though we really only used it for breakfast. Pat and Terry were great to work with and were available if we needed anything, but we didn't. Everything was clean and perfect. My wife and I always try to leave things in better condition than we found, but that was difficult since the place was immaculate. All we could do is put a new battery in the remote for the lanai ceiling fan. Again, we hope to return."Guest: Doug & Kathy P. Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: June 9, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.