- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
- Country Club Hills
- De La Mesa
- De La Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cortez
- Hickory Head Hammock
- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
- San Pedro Villas
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"Situated equally close to both town squares: Spanish Springs and Sumter Landing, this is a fantastic property to enjoy while at The Villages! From our initial contact, Rose responded to all of our inquiries very quickly and we appreciated her communication with us throughout the entire process. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and maintenance of the home and featuring beautiful furniture and hardwood floors. The electric golf cart was a huge asset for us and we managed very well without a rental car. We were able to play golf and tennis --with facilities just a stone's throw from the villa.It was one of our best vacations ever and thanks to Rose for her part in making this possible. We hope to return to this property in the future!"Guest: DJ Date of Stay: October 2014 Review Submitted: November 12, 2014View listing
"Our rental was just like the photos. It was nice and clean and comfortable. We stayed two months and enjoyed our time very much. The house is in a good location for golf courses as well as a short golf cart ride to the pool. Shopping is just a few minutes away and so are the town squares and restaurants. We had a problem with internet and the golf cart and Barb and Glenn had it all taken care of within a day. Things can happen and it means a lot to know you're renting from people who care about your stay. Yes, we would recommend this house to others. We already have it reserved for next year."Guest: Anonymous Date of Stay: January 2014 Review Submitted: March 9, 2014View listing
"I just got back from staying at this villa for the month of April 2014, had a wonderful time. Was just like the photos, very clean, comfortable, and roomy. Loved riding around on the golf cart. Would definitely recommend, and I hope to return there for another visit someday. Owner was very friendly, and helpful with anything I needed, even just information."Guest: R.Mary Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: May 13, 2014View listing
"My husband and I want to thank the owners for their thoughtful consideration. They were so friendly and helpful. Their home is very well located and absolutely beautiful."Guest: Pam Date of Stay: December 2014 Review Submitted: December 9, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.