- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
- Country Club Hills
- De La Mesa
- De La Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cortez
- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"This was a wonderful getaway for us and found no disappointments. The VRBO pictures depict the property exactly as it is, all rooms/closets were generously sized, beds/furniture comfortable and in excellent condition, golf carts/bikes, new washing machine and gas grill were awesome. The lanai was our favorite room for morning coffee and relaxation time with beautiful mature foliage all around which ensured neighborhood privacy and no back yard neighbor. Very quiet and serene. The agents for the property are prompt, helpful, and live nearby so assistance is readily available if needed. Endless activities and entertainment abound within the Villages development, and we found everything to be clean, well kept, safe, friendly and fun. Our only negative: leaving this place! Many thanks to the owners/agents for making this trip easy, pleasant, and memorable. Love this home and will definitely return!"Guest: Mark & Pam Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: April 25, 2014View listing
"This property is great. Just like home away from home. Lorraine is a lovely person and just great to work with. Don't be like me and wait too long to rent this. I won't be making that mistake again!"Guest: Donna Date of Stay: January 2014 Review Submitted: April 23, 2014View listing
"This home was very nice and clean. When we arrived we were extremely satisfied with this vacation rental and feel the pictures provided a true reflection of the quality of the home and furnishings. More than once we commented how the rental felt like "home." We also had a very positive experience with the home owner, Jim, and was impressed that he would actually call or text to make sure everything was going okay. The home was nearby a recreation center & family pool and just minutes from Sumpter Landing and the new Brownwood western themed town. Our last evening we enjoyed sitting in the home's lenai while playing cards and just RELAXING."Guest: Ronnie M. Date of Stay: December 2013 Review Submitted: January 4, 2014View listing
"We spent 2 glorious months in this beautiful home!! It is better than described. The furnishing are very comfortable and the kitchen has everything you need. The location is ideal, close to major shopping, restaurants and 2 pools within walking distance. We are looking forward to our visit next year!!"Guest: Paula L. Date of Stay: November 2013 Review Submitted: December 30, 2013View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.