- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
- Country Club Hills
- De La Mesa
- De La Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cortez
- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"We absolutely loved this villa. We hope to get back again. We have never experienced life in The Villages on our own. Wanda made it a perfect experience. The décor in the villa was amazing. It was very comfortable. The location could not have been more perfect. It was not far from our friends house in Tall Trees. We walked to Lake Sumter to enjoy the downtown activities. We can only take a vacation during Christmas break as I work for the school system and my husband is a golf course manager. We unfortunately have opposite times off during the year. We had so much fun. Thank you Wanda...it was perfect. We will be back..."Guest: Larry & Ellen R. Date of Stay: December 2013 Review Submitted: January 5, 2014View listing
"From the moment we walked in we loved this place. It was comfortable, clean and quiet. The neighborhood was great and close to what we needed. We took the golf cart to "our" pool, to the mailbox and to the dog park, and just for tooling around the neighborhoods. Jack is very much into grilling, and we enjoyed delicious meals on the lanai several times a week. The restaurants were not far and the food was always great. All in all we had a wonderful stay, loved the home and accommodations, and would happily recommend it to anyone."Guest: Jack and Sandi Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: June 10, 2014View listing
"The property was "as advertised" and we enjoyed our stay a great deal. The location was convenient to two of the downtown squares and easily accessible by golf cart. We would definitely stay here again."Guest: Kevin & Karen G. Date of Stay: October 2013 Review Submitted: November 3, 2013View listing
"The pictures in the photos are beautiful and the Villa is just that and more BEAUTIFUL! the location is fabulous - walk to pool, Colony plaza and rec center within short golf car trip or even walking if you are a walker. Sharon the owner is one of the nicest people I've met in the Villages. She made sure our trip was perfect! The Villa is so very quiet and peaceful and fully equipped with everything you need for a fabulous time in the Villages."Guest: Kaye W. Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: May 28, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.