- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
- Country Club Hills
- De La Mesa
- De La Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cortez
- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"This was our third stay in The Villages, and I must say that we enjoyed Oakley Villa more than any other. The property is located two miles from the Southern Trace shopping complex and is midway between the Spanish Springs and Lake Sumpter Landing town squares. The home itself is very tastefully furnished and comes completely stocked with all the necessities (kitchenware, paper goods, etc.) There are three televisions, ceiling fans in each room, WiFi, a golf cart, and two bicycles...one really could not ask for more. The lanai was a favorite spot of ours---perfect for dining and/or relaxing. Perhaps the best part of all was dealing with the owner, Norman Hughes, and his local representative, Kathy Hall. We found both to be very responsive, courteous, and thorough in dealing with our questions and just a joy to communicate with. We'd highly recommend Oakley Villa for your stay in The Villages."Guest: Lew Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: April 26, 2014View listing
"This was our second visit to this villa. It is perfectly situated for our visit. Close to Town Centre for happy hrs. Close to grocery shopping. Close to recreation facilities. Had a good golf cart for easy access to town centre and golfing and visiting other Villages. Lots to do in the Villages or nearby, if you want. Pool was an easy 3 min walk, was quiet and clean. Spent time there everyday. Owner was near-by and helpful, especially when I got locked out. Rooms were comfortable, well maintained with minimal furniture. Appliances getting a little dated but work well. TV and Internet was easy to use and access. Quiet street with friendly people. Lanai was comfortable and easy to access. We would recommend this unit to anyone wanting to use it as a home base for other adventures or just to unwind and relax, which is what we did. Came home well rested."Guest: 2 CDNS Date of Stay: December 2013 Review Submitted: January 14, 2014View listing
"We spent 2 glorious months in this beautiful home!! It is better than described. The furnishing are very comfortable and the kitchen has everything you need. The location is ideal, close to major shopping, restaurants and 2 pools within walking distance. We are looking forward to our visit next year!!"Guest: Paula L. Date of Stay: November 2013 Review Submitted: December 30, 2013View listing
"My husband and I along with another couple stayed for one week in this lovely home. It was very comfortable and equipped with everything you could ask for. The four seat golf cart was perfect for the four of us to go to the town squares for the music and dancing. We highly recommend this property. The owners were wonderful to work with."Guest: Joan Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 16, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.