- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
- Country Club Hills
- De La Mesa
- De La Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cortez
- Hickory Head Hammock
- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"This house far exceeded my expectations. The pictures just don't do it justice. It is very clean, neat and has all of the amenities you could need during your stay. It is tastefully decorated and the owners splurged when buying items for the house such as appliances, linens, etc. The owners went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed during my stay and offered insight on The Villages. I am in the process of relocating to Florida for work and my only regret is that I didn't book another month here."Guest: Teri M. Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 15, 2014View listing
"Yes I am a little reluctant to leave 5 STARS in fear that I may create such a demand that we would not be able to rent again when we would like to. However, all our expectations after reading the above description were gladly met and the most accurate. Could not have met nicer folks to rent from and work with in relationship to initial application to minor issues we experienced while there. The home was nicely appointed with all one would need for a comfortable stay, close to stores and restaurants and was especially close to 3 neighborhood pools. The Villages are immense and may take some time to navigate but once you get the lay of the land you will discover an enjoyable vacation home. Hopefully,we will be doing it again, thank you for the opportunity."Guest: John L. Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: November 13, 2014View listing
"My husband and I want to thank the owners for their thoughtful consideration. They were so friendly and helpful. Their home is very well located and absolutely beautiful."Guest: Pam Date of Stay: December 2014 Review Submitted: December 9, 2014View listing
"What you see is what you get, clean and bright, enjoyed every minute. Located in the middle of the Villages you can use the golf cart to go anywhere you want. The food at the Country clubs is excellent, and fairly priced. The entertainment at the 3 Town Squares is fantastic and Free. I highly recommend this property. The golf is fantastic at the Villages."Guest: Birdieman Date of Stay: March 2014 Review Submitted: April 4, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.