- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
- Country Club Hills
- De La Mesa
- De La Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cortez
- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages property reviews
"This is our third visit to The Villages and this home rates as the best. Our previous rentals were either in poor locations or had lots of negatives with the house. This property has it all, Location, beauty, spotless and well equipped. We have only been here three days this time, but we have already taken advantage of so many things that are close to the house. We have been able to use the Golf Cart for just about everything, the Supermarket, Sumter Square and over a dozen restaurants are about a 10 minute golf cart ride away. There are also numerous pools and Golf Courses within a 10 minute golf cart ride of the house. There are only tow of us here, but the house would easily accomodate four people and the four seater golf cart would work well. If we return again we will be sure to select this property."Guest: GolfMan Date of Stay: July 2013 Review Submitted: July 14, 2013View listing
"This is a beautiful home located overlooking a golf course. Everything you need is there for you. The house is spotless and has a screened area to have your morning coffee and watch the golfers or a beautiful sun set. The beds were very comfortable and there are ample towels and sheets if needed. Laurie was so easy to contact and so nice. I can't wait to rent the house again for a family member or tell my friends about it. I have found a jewel and if you are looking for the perfect place to stay then look no further."Guest: Jossie P. Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: July 27, 2014View listing
"I was hesitant to spend a week in Florida during the month of July. However, I had a great experience! We had nice weather with 5 star accommodations and entertainment. The villa was immaculate. It had a great location that made it easy to get to the pool and golf courses. I am hoping to spend a month there this winter!"Guest: Jeff Date of Stay: July 2013 Review Submitted: September 9, 2013View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.