- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
- Country Club Hills
- De La Mesa
- De La Vista
- Del Mar
- El Cortez
- Hickory Head Hammock
- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"Comfortable house, great location, owl preserve as a backyard, with Villages guest pass and a golf car included made this a wonderful choice for our two week visit to The Villages."Guest: Steve S. Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: June 20, 2014View listing
"As soon as you come in the front door, it's easy to see this home is clean, comfortable and well maintained. It is exactly as described and really does feel like home. It is tastefully decorated and had everything that we needed including an ice cream scoop and a DVR. The home is conveniently located and the golf cart is fun to scoot around in. The owner has been a pleasure to deal with and we appreciate them sharing their home with us. We had a great time and are already looking forward to coming back again next year. We'll definitely stay in the same home again."Guest: Ted & Sandra Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: September 23, 2014View listing
"This house far exceeded my expectations. The pictures just don't do it justice. It is very clean, neat and has all of the amenities you could need during your stay. It is tastefully decorated and the owners splurged when buying items for the house such as appliances, linens, etc. The owners went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed during my stay and offered insight on The Villages. I am in the process of relocating to Florida for work and my only regret is that I didn't book another month here."Guest: Teri M. Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 15, 2014View listing
"EXCELLENT HOME TO VACATION IN......EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS AT YOUR FINGER TIPS.....SO CLEAN AND BRIGHT AND ORDERLY....YOU ARE CLOSE TO THE TOWN SQUARES AND EASY ACCESS TO COUNTRY CLUBS AND GOLF COURSES AND RECREATION CENTERS BY THE GOLF CART THAT IS AT YOUR DISPOSALE."Guest: SHIRLEY Date of Stay: November 2014 Review Submitted: December 8, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.