- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
- San Pedro Villas
- Santo Domingo
- Silver Lake
- Spanish Springs
- St. Charles
- St. James
- Sunset Pointe
- Tall Trees
- Tamarind Grove
- Tierra del Sol
- Virginia Trace
- Antrim Dells
- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"I had a wonderful time at the Villages. Rented this condo for the month of October and it was excellent. Décor is much prettier than the photos show. Very nicely appointed. Lots of room with the open concept. Lots of natural light in all the rooms. The area is a very quiet neighbourhood. I had thought the bricked in fencing might be claustrophobic but it was very nicely private for sunbathing and sitting outside to read or visit with friends. The back lanai was great for evening meals and visits. All in all, including the golf cart, it is a lovely rental condo. Location is great to get to Sumtner Landing and Colony by golf cart. No car needed. Also close to the pool. I would recommend it highly. Owners are very pleasant people and attend to any concerns or questions. Hoping to rent with them again next year, maybe longer if life permits. An excellent place!!"Guest: Pat Date of Stay: October 2014 Review Submitted: November 10, 2014View listing
"This house far exceeded my expectations. The pictures just don't do it justice. It is very clean, neat and has all of the amenities you could need during your stay. It is tastefully decorated and the owners splurged when buying items for the house such as appliances, linens, etc. The owners went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed during my stay and offered insight on The Villages. I am in the process of relocating to Florida for work and my only regret is that I didn't book another month here."Guest: Teri M. Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 15, 2014View listing
"We had the pleasure of staying in Toms house for 2 weeks. The house is delightful! It is immaculate! It is close to everything including town squares and grocery stores. The golf cart made getting around a breeze! The house is set up in such a way if you have friends stay over you both have your own privacy. The kitchen was very well stocked. The lanai was wonderful for morning coffee, watching the golfers, lunch and evening meals, and just relaxing!! Wi Fi was much appreciated also. My husband really enjoyed the comfortable lounge chair in living room! Very nice neighborhood also. We will be back!!😉"Guest: robbie Date of Stay: November 2014 Review Submitted: January 15, 2015View listing
"What you see is what you get, clean and bright, enjoyed every minute. Located in the middle of the Villages you can use the golf cart to go anywhere you want. The food at the Country clubs is excellent, and fairly priced. The entertainment at the 3 Town Squares is fantastic and Free. I highly recommend this property. The golf is fantastic at the Villages."Guest: Birdieman Date of Stay: March 2014 Review Submitted: April 4, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.