- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
- San Pedro Villas
- Santo Domingo
- Silver Lake
- Spanish Springs
- St. Charles
- St. James
- Sunset Pointe
- Tall Trees
- Tamarind Grove
- Tierra del Sol
- Virginia Trace
- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
- Calumet Grove
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"Rating Details: The property manager was very helpful. The vacation rental was clean. I was very happy with the location. I was satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental. Overall, I recommend this vacation rental. Reviewer Comments: All was good and we enjoyed our stay. However, we were never able to get the TV in the living room working. we called and were told they would send someone to look at the issue (Direct TV did sent a signal but it still did not work). we were told that it would looked into on Monday, a little too late. Also the carpet at the entrance from the foyer needs to be cleaned."Guest: Manuel H. Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: August 11, 2014View listing
"I just got back from staying at this villa for the month of April 2014, had a wonderful time. Was just like the photos, very clean, comfortable, and roomy. Loved riding around on the golf cart. Would definitely recommend, and I hope to return there for another visit someday. Owner was very friendly, and helpful with anything I needed, even just information."Guest: R.Mary Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: May 13, 2014View listing
"This was our third stay in The Villages, and I must say that we enjoyed Oakley Villa more than any other. The property is located two miles from the Southern Trace shopping complex and is midway between the Spanish Springs and Lake Sumpter Landing town squares. The home itself is very tastefully furnished and comes completely stocked with all the necessities (kitchenware, paper goods, etc.) There are three televisions, ceiling fans in each room, WiFi, a golf cart, and two bicycles...one really could not ask for more. The lanai was a favorite spot of ours---perfect for dining and/or relaxing. Perhaps the best part of all was dealing with the owner, Norman Hughes, and his local representative, Kathy Hall. We found both to be very responsive, courteous, and thorough in dealing with our questions and just a joy to communicate with. We'd highly recommend Oakley Villa for your stay in The Villages."Guest: Lew Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: April 26, 2014View listing
"From the moment we walked in we loved this place. It was comfortable, clean and quiet. The neighborhood was great and close to what we needed. We took the golf cart to "our" pool, to the mailbox and to the dog park, and just for tooling around the neighborhoods. Jack is very much into grilling, and we enjoyed delicious meals on the lanai several times a week. The restaurants were not far and the food was always great. All in all we had a wonderful stay, loved the home and accommodations, and would happily recommend it to anyone."Guest: Jack and Sandi Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: June 10, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.