- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
- San Pedro Villas
- Santo Domingo
- Silver Lake
- Spanish Springs
- St. Charles
- St. James
- Sunset Pointe
- Tall Trees
- Tamarind Grove
- Tierra del Sol
- Virginia Trace
- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent The Villages reviews
"My wife and I have stayed at this residence for 2 consecutive years(2013 & 2014). The house is spacious beautifully decorated, clean and well maintained. It is centrally located in the Villages, convienient to 2 Village entertainment squares, various golf courses, and a nearby shopping plaza. It is close ( about 1 hour 15 min) to Orlando and we have made trips to Disneyworld and the WinterPark art festival. The Villages and recreation centers provide a wide choice of activities and of course a many golf courses to play (golf cart included in rental). There are many restaurants to choose from both on and off property. The owners are both efficient and accomodating. We plan to to vacation there next year and would recommend this property to all."Guest: Greg and Judy Date of Stay: February 2014 Review Submitted: April 9, 2014View listing
"Rating Details: The property manager was very helpful. The vacation rental was spotless. I was very happy with the location. I was very satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental. Overall, I recommend this vacation rental. Reviewer Comments: My husband and I had a wonderful experience at this home. It was spacious, clean, bright and nicely decorated. The kitchen was amazing! Located in a very central part of the Villages. The neighbors were friendly and helpful. We have rented many houses and this one was right up there with everything we expected and need from a vacation rental."Guest: Donna W. Date of Stay: January 2014 Review Submitted: February 3, 2014View listing
"This property is great. Just like home away from home. Lorraine is a lovely person and just great to work with. Don't be like me and wait too long to rent this. I won't be making that mistake again!"Guest: Donna Date of Stay: January 2014 Review Submitted: April 23, 2014View listing
"I had a wonderful time at the Villages. Rented this condo for the month of October and it was excellent. Décor is much prettier than the photos show. Very nicely appointed. Lots of room with the open concept. Lots of natural light in all the rooms. The area is a very quiet neighbourhood. I had thought the bricked in fencing might be claustrophobic but it was very nicely private for sunbathing and sitting outside to read or visit with friends. The back lanai was great for evening meals and visits. All in all, including the golf cart, it is a lovely rental condo. Location is great to get to Sumtner Landing and Colony by golf cart. No car needed. Also close to the pool. I would recommend it highly. Owners are very pleasant people and attend to any concerns or questions. Hoping to rent with them again next year, maybe longer if life permits. An excellent place!!"Guest: Pat Date of Stay: October 2014 Review Submitted: November 10, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.