- La Reynalda
- Lake Deaton
- Lake Sumter Landing
- Liberty Park
- Mallory Square
- Mira Mesa
- Polo Ridge
- Rio Grande
- Rio Grande, Villa De Laguna West
- Rio Ranchero
- Sabal Chase
- San Pedro Villas
- Santo Domingo
- Silver Lake
- Spanish Springs
- St. Charles
- St. James
- Sunset Pointe
- Tall Trees
- Tamarind Grove
- Tierra del Sol
- Virginia Trace
- Antrim Dells
- Belle Aire
- Briar Meadow
- Bridgeport at Lake Sumter
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
There are no vacation rental listings in The Villages currently advertising. Please see the USA, Florida, Central-Disney-Orlando Area vacation rentals page.
Recent Central/Disney/Orlando Area reviews
"We had a pretty much perfect stay here! The condo had more than adequate space, the furnishings were lovely and comfortable and all the amenities were close and convenient. The condo was equipped with everything we needed. Staying in Reunion is ideal not only because of the walk-ability and luxurious grounds that accommodate all ages, but also because it is very close to Disney - only a 10 min drive. I highly recommend this place for an enjoyable, comfortable stay."Guest: James H. Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: August 26, 2014View listing
"Hey Folks, this was my family's second time staying at "Duane's House", that's what we call it, Duane's House :). Again, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, even more so than the first time, long story short, WE LOVE THIS HOUSE!!! Just as it was the first time, it was extremely clean and all amenities were as presented. We love how all the bedrooms have adjoining baths, which is so convenient. The pool/hot tub is great, we had the pool heated, which was absolutely wonderful. This house has everything you need, including washer/dryer and a BBQ to boot. The home is in a great location and with 24/7 security at the main gate entrance, what more could you ask for? Duane was very responsive to our emails and made our booking process easy. We will definitely stay here again and again and again and, you get the message :). We highly recommend! Thanks again Duane and until next time, take care."Guest: Gregory B. Date of Stay: October 2014 Review Submitted: November 11, 2014View listing
"We were beyond lucky enough to find this gem in our search for a vacation rental! We traveled to central Florida to visit family during the Easter holiday. Four generations on my husbands side of the family were able to enjoy a long weekend together as this property placed us in the middle of everyone. My 4 year old daughter calls it her "Dora house" and wants to know when we are going back! The house is meticulously kept, comfortable and cozy. The fenced back yard is a parent/pet owners dream! The location is perfect as it provides easy access to "downtown" but is far enough away that it is tranquil and quiet. There is a fabulous playground down the street and the shops in downtown Mt Dora are fantastic. The kitchen was perfect for us and was nicely stocked with all of the necessities one needs to cook! The sitting area in the converted garage was perfect for morning coffee and the newspaper! The owners are amazing! They were able to answer all of our questions before and during our stay. They provided prompt communication and were extremely helpful during our stay! We look forward to staying here again in the very near future and highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a vacation rental in the area."Guest: Anonymous Date of Stay: April 2014 Review Submitted: May 24, 2014View listing
The Villages Travel Tips
The retirement community of The Villages is located in sunny, central Florida. It is 20 miles south of Ocala and 57 miles northwest of Orlando in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. This development is home to more than 51,000 people and the fastest-growing micropolitan area in the U.S. as well as the fastest-growing small town.
The Villages' history dates back to the 1960s when Harold Schwartz, a Michigan businessman, sold land to retirees looking to escape to a warmer climate. Today, the descendants of Harold Schwartz and his son H. Gary Morse still control The Villages.
The Villages Attractions
The master-planned retirement community offers several forms of recreational activity. The Villages has numerous golf courses and offers "Free Golf for Life." Thirty-two of the courses are 9-hole layouts while the remaining 10 are country club championship courses. Two additional courses will be 27-hole layouts with a total of 621 holes of golf by the end of a final course build?-out.
Visit the Florida Carriage Museum and Resort and take a step back in time. This museum is home to the largest collection of antique horse-drawn carriages in the U.S. and is one of the largest in the world. There are more than 160 carriages from Europe and America, including the 1850 Ambruster Dress Chariot that once carried Emperor of Austria Franz Joseph and his wife, Elisabeth.
You can do plenty of shopping without leaving The Villages. There are boutiques scattered throughout the town squares, including many of the country's most popular brands. There are also grocery stores, pharmacies and superstores that will help you find everything you need. You can even venture throughout The Villages on your golf cart, the most fun way to travel through a small town.
Things to Do in The Villages
- Recreation: Aside from golf, there are three recreation centers in The Villages. These include neighborhood centers, village centers and regional centers with pools and bocce, horseshoe and shuffleboard courts as well as tennis and pickleball courts. Regional centers feature courts and fitness facilities. Those who have dogs can take their furry friends for outdoor activities at any of the 11 parks, dog parks and trails owned by The Villages.
- Entertainment: There are three town squares in The Villages, including Lake Sumter Landing's Market Square, Spanish Springs Town Square and Brownwood Paddock Square. These town squares feature nightly activities such as live music and a farmer's market. If you want to watch sports rather than participate, you can also catch a game at one of numerous softball fields or The Villages Polo Stadium. There are also opportunities to learn woodworking or take a class at the Lifelong Learning College in The Villages.
- Wineries: Visitors to The Villages can take a tour and enjoy wine tasting at Lakeride Winery and Vineyards. The winery is located in Clermont and is the former center of Florida's grape industry. There is an extensive tasting room with annual festivals and a gift shop. More than 80,000 cases, or more than 960,000 bottles, are produced at Lakeride Winery each year.