This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Key West Area reviews
"This was our first vacation rental through VRBO. We were extremely pleased. This condo was just as described with no surprises. Rosemary, the owner, was excellent to deal with. Very professional and all our questions were answered promptly. The condo was perfect with a great layout. Everything we needed was available and it was ultra clean and meticulously well cared for. The location could not have been any better. Very private and quiet with easy access to EVERYTHING that is Key West. Patty, the local property manager was a pleasure to deal with also. Excellent communication and always available if needed. When the week was over, our security deposit was promptly refunded within 48 hours of leaving. I would highly recommend renting from these owners. They are very ethical and a pleasure doing business with them. We will surely rent from them again when the opportunity arises. Thanks for a great vacation!!"Guest: Joel Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: June 30, 2014View listing
"Key West has been on my list of places to visit. This is a lovely, spotless cottage that looks like the photos & is in a wonderful location. Lots of linens, tons of pool towels and a well outfitted kitchen. Played cards at night on the covered back deck. Would stay here again & recommend to friends. Try Santiagos Bodega & La Creperie both on Petronia St and don't miss the Truman Winter White House...a real piece of history.. had a great tour guide. Park your car and walk this unique village."Guest: Evie Date of Stay: May 2014 Review Submitted: May 26, 2014View listing
"Rating Details: I was very satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental. I was very happy with the location. The vacation rental was spotless. The property manager was very helpful. Overall, I recommend this vacation rental. Reviewer Comments: We had a great time. This is a beautiful home with plenty of room for six adults and three children."Guest: Cheryl Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: October 20, 2014View listing
"We really enjoyed out time at the Queen Palm Cottage. It is isolated but yet only two blocks from Duval. We brought our Miniature long haired Dachshund and even he had a great time. The cottage was very Key Westy with bright and alive colors. It is a very well maintained property. Working with Ted was also easy. The pool was very well maintained and the compound is lush and well landscaped. We will try and stay there next summer again but for a longer time."Guest: Bobbie and Steve Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: July 28, 2014View listing
Key West Area Travel Tips
If some of your favorite things include warm, sunny days, glorious beaches, laid-back atmospheres, literary figures and history, then Key West is the ideal vacation spot for you.
Once you arrive in this Florida city, your tension will instantly melt away as you spend afternoons saltwater or deep sea fishing, sampling the local cuisine at the various restaurants, hiking through the backcountry or exploring the underwater world of coral reefs as you dive and snorkel.
Key West is also home a wonderful literary history where you can learn about and experience a variety of writers, playwrights and poets including, most famously, Ernest Hemingway. However, Tennessee Williams, Robert Frost, Shel Silverstein and Wallace Stevens also made their mark on this Florida hub.
There's something to please everyone here in Key West whether you like to spend your vacation days exploring and having adventures or you prefer to lounge about letting your mind and body relax. Either way, you're sure to have a wonderful time here while you soak up the sun.
Things to Do in Key West
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum: Lovers of literature and Hemingway fans must put a visit to the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum on their list of things to do in Key West. The home served as Hemingway's residence during the 1930s and was the first on the island to have indoor plumbing. Notable features included a built-in fireplace and a swimming pool. Surrounding the home are the gardens, which are stunning in their own right. Tropical plants, lush greenery and colorful florals are lovely to see. One of the most unique and fun features - especially for animal lovers - are the 40 to 50 cats that live here, about half of which are polydactyl (six-toed). Hemingway was given a polydactyl cat by a ship captain and some of the current cats are descendants of that original feline, Snowball.
- Dry Tortugas National Park: Spend some time exploring nature through the almost 70 miles of Dry Tortugas National Park that's mainly open water surrounding seven small islands. Here you'll find sparkling blue waters, Fort Jefferson, amazing coral reefs and a collection of birds flying overhead. Whether you're looking to spend some time bird watching, snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, fishing or a little bit of everything, this national park is one of the best places in Key West to do so. Dry Tortugas got its name from the plethora of turtles found in the area, so keep an eye out for loggerhead, hawksbill, green and leatherback turtles in the waters.
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory: Enjoy the magic and wonder of colorful creatures and beautiful flora and fauna at the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory. You'll find an expansive collection of flowering plants, birds, waterfalls, trees and hundreds of stunning butterflies. There are 50 to 60 different species here, as well as more than 20 exotic birds. It's a lovely place to slow down and let stress melt away, and kids will have a great time chasing the butterflies and marveling at their patterns.
- Saint Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum: Ahoy, mateys! Take a break from scouring the seven seas and step back in time to find out if the pirate life is for you at the Saint Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum. Here you can peruse more than 40 different exhibits featuring the biggest and most authentic collection of pirate artifacts, including Blackbeard's original blunderbuss, gold pieces from his warship - Queen Anne's Revenge, one of three remaining authentic Jolly Roger flags, and Thomas Tew's original treasure chest. There are even hands-on opportunities to see what it's like to fit the wind as you steer the ship and find out what a real cannon feels like.
Dining in Key West
- Blue Heaven Restaurant: For a casual Key West dining experience head to Blue Heaven Restaurant where you can dine indoors or out, watch live entertainment and sample Caribbean (or vegetarian) cuisine. In keeping with the animal theme, cats and chickens roam the premises and add extra fun to your meal. The restaurant is one of the most popular in Key West and favorite dishes include blueberry pancakes, carrot and curry soup, scallops provencale and miso-marinated eggplant salad. Be sure to save room for some of the island's best key lime pie!
- Sloppy Joes: Dining at Sloppy Joes is a Key West tradition. Since 1933, this has been the place to find a welcoming, hospitable staff and a great place to enjoy a night out. Sandwiches, wraps, salads and pizza dominate the menu in addition to a great beer, wine and drink menu. Starting at noon, live entertainment kicks off and continues through the wee hours of the morning, making for a thrilling place to spend time and let your hair down. Sip cocktails while you tap your toes along to the music, or dine on a delicious meal while you enjoy your travel companions' company in this cool setting.