VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Private Homes reviews
Location, location, location!!!
"We just returned from a WONDERFUL week at the Johnson Cottage. It was fabulous! We had a gorgeous view of the ocean from the porch and our master bedroom. (I had forgotten how relaxing it is to be so close to the beach!) it was nothing to walk to the beach! I even went back and forth several times each day because it was no distance at all. The house is beautifully decorated. The kitchen is well equipped with two dishwashers and all the cooking utensils you need. The beds were comfortable. We had a mid week cleaning which was so nice. The soaps in the bathrooms were by l'Occitane. We had plenty of towels AND beach towels provided which was a plus!! The kids loved the bunk room. They wanted to stay in there and play all the time. They also enjoyed the pirate room on the 3rd floor. The pool was a perfect size and wonderful to entertain the kids if we weren't at the beach. The rental company was very attentive. We lacked for nothing! We walked to the restaurants nearly every night. We would definitely rent the Johnson cottage again."
Guest: Robby from Huntsville, ALDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 6, 2015
Great, pet-friendly house; lovely beach; charming town
"This is a great house in a perfectly charming resort. Once we got the lay of the land, the beach was a very short bike ride or a 10 minute walk away. The house itself was clean, efficient, and comfortable. We brought our dog on vacation with us for the first time, and the house was great for him as well. The only ding I'd give the house is that there were trees outside that scraped against the gutters and roof making it very loud at night if there's any breeze at all. However, to be fair, almost every house in Rosemary Beach seemed to have this problem--I'm guessing there's an HOA restriction of some kind that prevents trimming or removing these trees. The people were super-friendly, and the natives didn't bite the tourists. All in all, we had a great vacation.
* Do: Definitely rent bikes!
* Do: It's worth the cost to rent chairs and umbrella service at the beach. They set it up for you in the morning and your spot is reserved. No hassle of getting down to the beach early and claiming a spot. I'm surprised more resorts don't do this.
* Do: Try SeaCrust Pizza next door in Seacrest. Bring cash, no credit card.
* Do: Treat yourself to ice cream at the The Sweet Peddler--also next door in Seacrest
* Do: Dinner at Edward's Fine Food and Wine was our best meal of the trip by a long shot
* Don't: If you're familiar with the Hawaiian way of doing the beach, you'll be disappointed in the shave ice at The Sweet Shop in Rosemary. They didn't know about adding a scoop of vanilla, and they didn't shave the ice the Hawaiian way. Really, it was just a snow cone in a cup.
* Don't: If you're expecting good snorkeling, you'll need to go elsewhere. We didn't see a single fish, and there's no reef to speak of.
* Don't: We discovered the hard way they don't allow dogs on the beach. Officially, you have to be a full-time Walton County resident to bring a dog to the beach. Unofficially, Rosemary enforces a ban on dogs from 8am to 7pm. Not that there aren't plenty of places to walk your dog in Rosemary, just plan on leaving your dog at the house during the day.
* Do: bring ear plugs (see comment above about the trees and the metal roof)
So, to sum up: great house, bring"
Guest: Steve S.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 10, 2015
"What a beautiful, perfect house for our family and our friends!! We rented the main house and we want to go back and invite more friends and/or family and rent the guest house! Spacious house that was our "home" for a week! The awesome kitchen and family room were so roomy and great for us to watch a movie, all of us to eat together, beautiful views... the porches and balconies were roomy as well!! lovely courtyard to sit around while we cooked out and the hot tub was wonderful!!
the owner is wonderful and answered very timely to any inquiry we had!! We love Rosemary and have found our new 'home'!!!"
Guest: AmyDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: June 16, 2015
"Point of View cottage is the perfect space for a family vacation.bfeels like a home away from
home! It is close to everything in Rosemary and has everything you would expect in a beach rental and more. The bikes, beach chairs, umbrella, and wagon that were included for our use were such a plus. The kitchen is well stocked & it was lovely having a grill outside. Also, our kids loved rinsing in the outdoor shower after the beach. Leigh was so easy to communicate with throughout the rental process. We will definitely be back to Rosemary and hopefully be able to stay at Point of View again."
Guest: Jessica D.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 25, 2015