VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Private Homes reviews
"Our family was very happy with our stay at The Great Escape this summer. We enjoyed the fact that the house had great open/common areas but also plenty of additional space for everyone to have some individual downtime and the inclusion of the Carriage House was a huge plus!
This year was the first time that we have stayed on the non-beach side of 30A & we were a bit apprehensive about it. However, our concerns were quickly put to rest as the location turned out to be perfect...we hardly noticed much difference at all!
The owners were very helpful in answering questions during the booking process and in providing additional information/details that were needed for our stay.
Highly recommend The Great Escape!!"
Guest: Family of 9Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: October 19, 2015
"We had a great family vacation at the Cottage. It was well stocked and clean and the location to center of town was good. Our kids enjoyed the beach and the pool. Even the big kids loved it. Rosemary Beach is a lovely place."
Guest: Chris M.Date of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: September 9, 2015
"This home couldn't have been more perfect for us! The floor plan is fabulous, having three master suites, with one on the first floor, and then a great kids bedroom on the third floor. Everyone had their own private space with room to spread out. The gourmet kitchen was well planned, with any tool you might need for a fancy dinner or easy meal. The pool was a huge plus! We enjoyed sitting by the pool in the evenings with our wine and enjoying conversation. This home is perfectly located with easy walk to the beach and all the great shopping and restaurants. The owners thought of everything with this home. We've rented many times on 30A over the years and this great house is one of our favorites! Wonderful owner! She was so easy to deal with and so accommodating! We look forward to our next visit!"
Guest: Sandra P.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: November 8, 2015
Great, pet-friendly house; lovely beach; charming town
"This is a great house in a perfectly charming resort. Once we got the lay of the land, the beach was a very short bike ride or a 10 minute walk away. The house itself was clean, efficient, and comfortable. We brought our dog on vacation with us for the first time, and the house was great for him as well. The only ding I'd give the house is that there were trees outside that scraped against the gutters and roof making it very loud at night if there's any breeze at all. However, to be fair, almost every house in Rosemary Beach seemed to have this problem--I'm guessing there's an HOA restriction of some kind that prevents trimming or removing these trees. The people were super-friendly, and the natives didn't bite the tourists. All in all, we had a great vacation.
* Do: Definitely rent bikes!
* Do: It's worth the cost to rent chairs and umbrella service at the beach. They set it up for you in the morning and your spot is reserved. No hassle of getting down to the beach early and claiming a spot. I'm surprised more resorts don't do this.
* Do: Try SeaCrust Pizza next door in Seacrest. Bring cash, no credit card.
* Do: Treat yourself to ice cream at the The Sweet Peddler--also next door in Seacrest
* Do: Dinner at Edward's Fine Food and Wine was our best meal of the trip by a long shot
* Don't: If you're familiar with the Hawaiian way of doing the beach, you'll be disappointed in the shave ice at The Sweet Shop in Rosemary. They didn't know about adding a scoop of vanilla, and they didn't shave the ice the Hawaiian way. Really, it was just a snow cone in a cup.
* Don't: If you're expecting good snorkeling, you'll need to go elsewhere. We didn't see a single fish, and there's no reef to speak of.
* Don't: We discovered the hard way they don't allow dogs on the beach. Officially, you have to be a full-time Walton County resident to bring a dog to the beach. Unofficially, Rosemary enforces a ban on dogs from 8am to 7pm. Not that there aren't plenty of places to walk your dog in Rosemary, just plan on leaving your dog at the house during the day.
* Do: bring ear plugs (see comment above about the trees and the metal roof)
So, to sum up: great house, bring"
Guest: Steve S.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: August 10, 2015