"This is our second time renting out this particular condo. The first time, in July 2013, the weather did not cooperate and we were rained-out four days out of the seven. I told my family that this was a very, very rare occurrence. Forward to June 2015, as expected, we were back in business with beautiful Destin weather and sunshine. Without question, it was (and always is) a wonderful, relaxing, and fun vacation!
I have been coming to Destin since 1985 when I was in High School. My parents heard about Destin through some friends and decided to make it our vacation spot in the Summer of 1985. We made it our family vacation for 10 years in a row (not at this location). Now, my family is vacationing here ... although not every year ... yet. Our children (16, 14, 12) love it. They love everything about the location, the beach, and the ocean (especially when the waves are a little bigger!!). As parents, we love the convenience of the location and amenities.
This time around, we really enjoyed the kitchen remodel and bathroom updates as well as the new furniture. Very well done and certainly appreciated. The condo itself is very reasonably priced given it's location and well appointed.
With that said, here are some things that we have noted that could use some improvement:
1. The tile floors of the condo were quite dirty. Not sure how often they are cleaned, but a good mopping or steam clean would go a long, long way;
2. There is an odd sour / musty smell that comes out of the vent behind the kitchen counter when the air conditioner is turned on. We were thinking maybe the filter needed to be changed but were not sure if the air conditioner is in the condo itself or if it's provided by the building;
3. The bath tub drain in the master bedroom is very, very slow draining. It needs to be looked at by a plumber. This happened to us in 2013;
4. The wireless connection is very weak. A possible upgrade in hardware and speed could possibly help this. I don't think people would mind paying a little extra in their rental fee for this. Of course, this is not why you go on vacation, but is nice to have when everyone is back in the condo for the evening;
5. An upgrade with the cable box so that High Definition channels can be viewed would be greatly appreciated. Again, I don't think vacationers would mind paying a little extra for this in their rental fees. A large screen TV will only make non-HD channels look worse."
Date of Stay: June 2015
Review Submitted: July 6, 2015