This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Anna Maria Island reviews
"Our family of five absolutely loved staying at Island Time! The home was beautiful and had everything we needed, and Dwight and Shawna were very accommodating and kind. Our favorite part of vacation was spending time at the beach and swimming in the pool which was cool and refreshing. The beach was never too crowded and we enjoyed watching the seagulls and pelicans. Thanks for providing beach chairs and towels! We used them daily and we welcomed the outdoor shower after spending the day at the ocean. This home is located on a quiet street on Anna Maria Island which was so nice, and the pool area is secluded and private. We visited a few local restaurants and area attractions and felt like we could have easily have extended our stay. There is so much to do and see. We cannot wait to come and stay again. Thanks Dwight and Shawna and Susie (their dog)!"Guest: Rob and Lisa Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: August 17, 2014View listing
"We have visited the Saltbox three times and we absolutely love it! In many senses it feels like our second home. You want for absolutely nothing; the cottage has it all. It is steps to the trolley, the beaches and still tucked back in a quiet spot for when you need down time. The open concept and high efficency washer and dryer on site makes it feel like you are at home. Lynn, the owner, is extremely quick to respond to questions and makes your vacation go as smoothly as possible. This truly is the hidden jewel of the island."Guest: Jen P. Date of Stay: August 2014 Review Submitted: August 15, 2014View listing
"The pictures and description don't do this rental justice. It is a little piece of heaven on earth. Your own private beach, and a beautiful apartment just large enough for two. The bathroom is gorgeous and the shower perfect to wash away the salt and sand. The kitchen is perfect for preparing a special meal for two. It is far enough away from the "action" to be perfect, yet close enough to walk or bike to anything you want to do. We had a wonderful, most relaxing and enjoyable week. My only hesitation in posting this review is that it will become too popular and won't be available when we want to rent it again."Guest: Crystal & Family Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: August 2, 2014View listing
"Loved this home!!! We have stayed in many homes on the island. This one is for sure our new favorite!! Beautiful and comfortable home amazing views and close to everything! Already trying to decide when we can come back....."Guest: Anonymous Date of Stay: September 2014 Review Submitted: September 15, 2014View listing
Anna Maria Island Travel Tips
If you're looking for a different type of Florida vacation for your next getaway, consider heading to Anna Maria Island. When you first think of Florida, Disney parks and big crowds might be the first things that come to mind. Instead of hustle and bustle, Anna Maria Island provides you with a quiet oasis where you can relax, unwind and rejuvenate.
Known as "an island in the sun," Anna Maria provides a cozy, laid-back, welcoming vibe that's synonymous with island living. This Florida location boasts miles of beaches, award-winning restaurants, amazing art and culture, and friendly locals who won't mind providing directions or chatting about their home town. Take part in a variety of water? sports or simply lounge near the water as you listen to the waves lap the shore.
If you're looking for a vacation that lets you get away from it all and spend some quality time with family, friends and loved ones on the water, Anna Maria Island is calling your name.
Things to Do on Anna Maria Island
- Hit the beach: Anna Maria Island provides you with amazing opportunities to enjoy seaside fun at places like Manatee Public Beach, Coquina Beach, Whitney Beach and Treasure Island Beach, to name a few. Warm, sandy shores greet and invite you to lay out a beach towel. Settle in with a good book - after you protect your skin with some sunscreen, of course - or grab those buckets and build a sandcastle. If you're in the mood for some friendly competition, toss a Frisbee or race down to the water to see who can swim the fastest. If you're needing a little exercise, grab your gym shoes and hit the beach for a challenging run in the sand.
- Ride the free trolley: Anna Maria Island offers a trolley that runs through the entire length of the island - and the best part? It's free to ride! This makes traveling around a breeze, but also provides you an opportunity to see all that the island has to offer. When you first arrive, hop on the trolley and scout out what restaurants, shops and other attractions look like something you'll want to visit. Don't forget to take in the scenery. As you cruise around on the trolley, you'll be treated to amazing views of the island's natural beauty as well as the beaches and the sparkling water surrounding you. The trolleys are air-conditioned so you can take a break from the warm temperatures, and they run from 6 a.m. through 10:30 p.m., appearing about every 20 minutes.
- Anna Maria Island Historical Society: What's better than learning about the history and culture of the place you're visiting? Doing it for free! Head to the Anna Maria Island Historical Society Museum to find about about the area's history, such as who settled there, characters throughout time and the original city jail. You can also take a tour of the cottage that sat on City Pier, and kids can take part in a scavenger hunt.
- ARTSPACE Anna Maria: Artists and art lovers will appreciate a trip to ARTSPACE Anna Maria. This local gallery space allows artists from the island to display new, fresh pieces in a variety of different mediums. Several times a year the gallery also hosts an ARTSPACE Challenge, receiving entries from all around the country. During your trip the Anna Maria Island, be sure to stop by ARTSPACE to discover the amazing works that local artists are creating.
- Body and Sol Spa and Wellness: A relaxing island getaway isn't complete without a trip to the spa! Book a treatment or two (or a whole day) at Body and Sol Spa and Wellness to really let go of tension and pamper yourself. Try a variety of massages like therapeutic, stone, deep tissue, tension tamer and more to sooth sore, achy muscles and treat your body to something nice. You can also liven up your face with a rejuvenating facial, brighten up your fingers and toes with a manicure and pedicure, and stretch and strengthen your whole body with a yoga class.
Dining on Anna Maria Island
- Feeling Swell: If you're in the mood for a casual beach dining experience, heading to Feeling Swell, which you're sure to be after a meal here. On the menu you'll find tasty appetizers and entrees like conch fritters, gator bites, crab cakes, mahi mahi, grouper, burgers, salads and more. If you're furry friend is along for the trip, dine outside on the pet-friendly patio where you can share a meal with your pooch, then head around the block to work it off with a run on the beach. Feeling Swell often has entertainment as well, so it'll prove to be a lively experience.
- Sandbar: Another excellent, slightly more upscale option for beachside dining is Sandbar. You'll find delicious seafood like calamari, mussels, shrimp and sandwiches as you watch the sunset over the water. If you've got a sweet tooth, don't pass up the key lime pie or cheesecake! This award-winning eatery is sure to please, no matter what you're in the mood for.