"If you are looking for conveniently located, basic accommodations in Sanibel, this is a solid choice. Dave was great to work with. He's obviously been doing this for many years and has a good system down. There was no hassle in getting/returning keys and great communication.
Things I appreciated:
- Dave's list of local must-sees
- Clean furnishings
- Sand & beach toys available
- Starter items provided (tiny soaps, laundry detergent, TP, few trash bags, etc.)
- Quiet, friendly complex
- Clean, heated pool
- Ample parking
- Great location on beach and bike trails
- Dual shower head in master bath
- Broom and vacuum provided
Things I wish I had known:
- 2nd floor unit (walk up only, no elevator)
- Condo office will accept deliveries on your behalf (hello Amazon!)
- Bike racks in front of unit fill up quickly
- No need to lock bikes
- Hot water in unit is limited
- Must keep all food in fridge, so plan ahead
- All tables are glass, so be mindful of young children
Things That Could Be Improved:
- There were no cleaning supplies whatsoever. We flew in from the West Coast and in addition to the usual (paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent, soap, etc.), we had to buy full size bottles of clorox clean up, windex, dish soap, etc. I can't imagine staying somewhere for days or weeks and not being able to clean the glass tables or clean the counters and bathroom. A bottle of these basics kept under the sink would be very helpful, so each guest can maintain the unit and won't have to buy and discard full bottles of cleaners.
- The kitchen window was broken (glass separated from frame upon our arrival. Coming from a big city, this made me nervous. Dave called us and told us about it a few days in and said that he was aware of it and that it would not be fixed during our stay. Thankfully, Sanibel is very safe and we didn't have any problems.
- The unit had a very "old" and musty smell. I couldn't figure out why, but it was definitely there. We just kept the windows open and fan on and sprayed lots of febreze.
- The jacuzzi tub is not functional. By the time we filled it to the suggested level (above the jets), the hot water had run out every time. It was warm out, so we could have used it with cooler water, but once we turned on the jets with the cool water, black flakes and grime came spurting out. We cleaned it out and tried again a few times with the same results.
We fell in love with Sanibel and will be back!"
Guest: Andrew S.
Date of Stay: December 2014
Review Submitted: June 2, 2015