This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Tybee Island reviews
"We arrived on sat June 22 after driving all night. The rental company was CRAZY. Very difficult parking and all of the cleaning staff start coming back at 4:30pm. I said all of that as a fore warning. When we got to the condo the garage opener wouldn't work.. Thought we were doing it wrong turns out the battery was dead...so ask about battery before leaving rental company..... So I bet u thought we had an awful time. The OPPOSITE...even with all of that once we walked into the condo and saw the AMAZING view all of our stress and weariness of trip vanished. Owners have done an amazing job at furnishing and making sure that everything you need is there. Even between two restaurants with bars..it was so peaceful. Very family friendly, clean, my husband, our 2 teen boys and my parents stayed and were overly satisfied. Every time I went to look for something it was there. I do not recommend the Crab shack.. Overpriced, limited for kids, should go to experience the gators though. Enjoyed Savannah for one day should have planned for two. Shops are right around the corner everything walking distance. Gelatto place was Wonderful. We would definitely come back. You won't go wrong by choosing tybee."Guest: Familyfun Date of Stay: June 2013 Review Submitted: June 30, 2013View listing
"Greatly enjoyed this condo for our girls getaway! Beautiful view from living room and kitchen. Very clean. Wonderful king bed- my friend was looking for the brand tag so she could get one! Many of your basic needs are waiting for you: trash bags, paper towels, plenty of toilet paper and hand soap, laundry, dish, dishwasher and clothes detergent. Best place we've stayed at Tybee!! "Guest: mamahansonga Date of Stay: June 2014 Review Submitted: June 23, 2014View listing
"This unit is accurately depicted through the photos and description. In fact, it seemed even nicer once we got there. It vas very clean and very well-maintained. Christa the owner is VERY personable, informative, and from Savannah! She was very available via various contact means to answer any questions. She also has many ideas on local activities. There was everything to do nearby from renting bikes, going the the YMCA for a good workout right across the street, to a couple of very good restaurants "right around the bend!". I would recommend this unit to anyone, and we would all be very happy renting it again! Thank you Christa!"Guest: Natalie Date of Stay: October 2012 Review Submitted: October 25, 2012View listing
"Rating Details: I was very satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental. I was very happy with the location. The vacation rental was spotless. The property manager was very helpful. Overall, I recommend this vacation rental. Reviewer Comments: We had a great July 4th in this condo! I was very impressed and so was my family. Great access to the pool and the beach. The condo is great looking!! We'll be back! "Guest: A guest from Martinez, Ga Date of Stay: July 2014 Review Submitted: July 22, 2014View listing
Tybee Island Travel Tips
Just 18 miles from wonderful Savannah, Ga., lies gorgeous Tybee Island - an exceptional spot of you're looking for a relaxing, culturally enriching getaway.
Also known as Savannah Beach, this barrier island is easily accessible and sure to offer plenty of attractions of sights to please everyone. There's a rich history to be found here in various forts and museums as well as stunning natural scenery to experience. If that's not enough, you'll savor every meal as Tybee Island is known for it's diverse cuisine, but you can work off the extra calories by exploring the 3 miles of pristine beach, whether you're jumping in for a swim, strolling along the shore or casting a line to do some fishing.
If you're hoping to take advantage of a laid-back atmosphere and seriously lower your stress levels, you've come to the right place. Simply breathe in the salty sea air and you'll instantly feel all that tension just melt away.
Things to Do on Tybee Island
- Fort Pulaski: Step back in time to the Civil War era with a visit to Fort Pulaski, which was sieged by the Union Army and considered a "landmark experiment" in military science and invention history. Today visitors can check out the Fort Pulaski National Monument that offers year-round activities. The fort itself along with the demilune, ditches, drawbridges and dikes provide you with a wonderful example of military architecture, while indoor displays showcase the fort's history from its construction to its eventual fall to improved military technology. You can even take a guided tour to learn even more interesting facts about Fort Pulaski and its history.
- Tybee Island Light Station: Since 1732, the Tybee Island Light Station has been providing safe passage for sailors and mariners into the Savannah River. This historic station is one of the most intact in the U.S. as it still has all of its support buildings spread out over 5 acres. The station itself has been rebuilt on several occasions and currently displays the day mark from 1916. At the top is a First Order Fresnel lens, and it takes 178 stairs to reach it. This lovely spot if perfect for taking photographs you'll remember forever with such a beautiful backdrop, so don't forget the camera!
- Tybee Marine Science Center: Animal and water lovers alike won't want to miss out on a trip to the Tybee Marine Science Center. Here you can learn about the Tybee Island Sea Turtle Project as well as the local salt marsh and the creatures that live there. Kids will love exploring the beach walks, and everyone can appreciate the Coastal Georgia Gallery. You can even see a loggerhead sea turtle in the new aquatic display designed by the Georgia Aquarium.
- Tybee Museum: To learn even more about the history and heritage of Tybee Island, visit the Tybee Museum, which was established in 1961 by the Tybee Island Museum Association. One of the most intriguing features here is the museum's location in Battery Garland at Fort Screven, which was originally used to mount a large, rifled, long-range cannon. Throughout the space you can peruse artifacts, pictures, relics and exhibits detailing more than five centuries of history.
Dining on Tybee Island
- The Crab Shack: A favorite dining spot for visitors and locals alike is The Crab Shack, which features some of the best seafood on the island. In fact, the eatery has been voted as having the "best seafood" and "best outdoor dining" for years. There's a cool, laid-back vibe here that makes you want to just sit back and relax as you enjoy a variety of crab dishes, oysters, soups, stews and much more. Take in stunning views of the water and enjoy a nice afternoon or evening out.
- A-J's Dockside Restaurant: Another great place to grab a meal is A-J's, where you'll find even more delicious seafood. They've been serving customers since 2003, and offer both indoor and outdoor seating. From the outdoor deck, you'll be treated to amazing views of the Back River throughout your meal, adding some serious charm and ambience. If you're having dinner, you may even get to watch the sunset. Try the conch fritters, crab stew, salads, burgers or fish entrees and then rent a kayak and paddle off all those calories!
- The Breakfast Club: It's important to start the day off right with a healthy first meal, so stop by The Breakfast Club, a family owned and operated eatery that's won "best breakfast in Savannah" on several occasions. The sausages and sauces are all homemade, and the chef makes sure that everything is served fresh. Egg dishes, breakfast burritos, burgers and waffles are excellent menu choices to give you plenty of energy to get your through the day's adventures.