VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
We refer to this home as "our lake house" once a year.
"We love this place! This is our second year, and we have just booked it for year number three. We are a family of seven siblings with some spouses, and our wonderful mother. We celebrate her birthday during our stay. Here's what we love:
* - Every bedroom has a bathroom
* - big enough dining table to seat everyone
* - plenty of cozy area for quiet escape
* - TWO kitchens
* - Expansive windows to bring the outside in
* - Several large decks wtih chairs that overlook the lake and the incredible view
* - Very open floor plan
* - Wonderful master suite - it rocks!
* - Well stocked with essentials and lots of extras
* - there is a feeling of coming into your own home, rather than a rental.
* - When you forget something, you discover that it is here!
* - Nothing is cheap. Everything is top quality.
* - There are tons of amenities - be sure to read the description of the list.
* - It is very clean and well cared for.
* - There are a lot of steps. This is a three story home.
* - The smart oven and stove in the main floor kitchen can sometimes be a little challenging to operate, even with the instruction list.
* - If we could make a suggestion, we would suggest brighter lighting in the kitchen and dining room."
Guest: Janie S.Date of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 24, 2015
"This property is wonderful and I cannot recommend it enough for anyone who wants to spend some time on the lake. We were 3 families with 11 people in all and this was a perfect spot for the kids to play, both inside and out. The kids had their own bedroom upstairs and then a nice adjacent playroom for watching movies or playing board games. The downstairs is a beautifully decorated open floor plan with great views of the lake and a deck where we spent many a morning or evening. I can't say enough about how nice this house is.
The property is huge and provides a perfect open spot for the kids to run around outside and play games. We had zero issues with any pests (no ants, no mosquitos) during the day. We spent most days on the lake and it's just an ideal setting with very little boat traffic. We used the boat for 2 days and had a great time on the lake. Rates for renting the boat are better than what you'll get at the local marina and it's probably a better boat than what you'll get at the marina.
I'd recommend this house to anyone and we will be back."
Guest: JasonfromAlpharettaDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 4, 2015
"This house is very charming, comfortable, and was perfect for our four day getaway. The owners are very easy to work with. We had six adults in our party with two boats and three vehicles. Parking was a little tight but manageable when we disconnected the boat trailers. The beds are very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped with good quality pots and pans and a huge selection of utensils and a variety of handy knick-knacks. You won't be disappointed renting this home! Thanks for a great place to stay!"
Guest: BryanDate of Stay: October 2015Review Submitted: October 12, 2015
"Once again we were not disappointed. This is the second time we have stayed at Deer Cottage. We have rented many houses at Lake Hartwell, and thus far this is the best. The house is always clean, has everything you need and then some. Lots of room. The walk to the lake is not very long and the smooth level shady path makes it nice. The dock is great and always on deep water. The owners are wonderful and go out of their way to assist in anyway they can. I would recommend this house to any family who wants to relax and enjoy themselves. Only suggestion would be to get a larger/newer gas grill for those of us who grill every day for lunch and dinner."
Guest: LHGDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 8, 2015