VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"It can be overwhelming to make a condo choice in Kona - there are TONS of condos available, many of which are oceanfront. This is really the best option in my opinion for the following reasons:
1) The complex is newer (I believe the most recent condo development in the area). Both the common areas and the condo unit itself were in great condition. A major plus here is also the fact that the condo has central A/C - this is a rarity on the island due to the high electricity costs on Hawaii.
2) The condo itself was top floor with a great view of the ocean / beach across the street. Condo was well equipped, bed was very comfortable (which many times isn't true for rentals!), loaded with beach goodies (chairs, snorkels, boogie boards, etc.).
3) The condo complex has a really nice pool & hot tub. Great view of the ocean across the street.
4) This is a biggie - its right across the street from a usable beach (better for snorkeling vs. swimming). There are very few beaches in the area - be very careful about understanding the reality around claims around the view/location of condo complexes - the vast majority yes are oceanfront, but there is no usable beach in front of the complex (likely will require a short drive).
5) Value - the rate for this unit (either low or high season) is a great value for what you get. My wife was shocked at the nightly rate and frankly didn't believe me at first. It really is a great value for what you get. The size of the unit, central AC, location, and great pool are A+.
6) The rental manager, April, is VERY customer-focused / responsive. We needed to call on our arrival day at 9:30 p.m. and she picked up right away.
A few other general comments:
1) Yes, the complex is right on Ali'i drive, the main drag through Kona (southern part). It was quiet at night / no issues with night traffic or road noise.
2) The complex consists of 2 buildings - our unit was in building 1 (closest to the ocean). Building 1 does not have an elevator, building 2 does. If you have any mobility issues, definitely opt for something in building 2.
Overall a great vacation / great condo. We will definitely be back!"
Guest: Maui_TravelerDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 3, 2015
"Had a wonderful 10 days at Kahaluu Reef condo. The beach is right across the road. Perfect for snorkelling and surfing or just relaxing. Also a short walk to Magic Sands if you want to try out the boogie boards. The pool area is wonderful after a long day to relax and barbecue. Also the Kona area has the best weather so a great place to stay. Thanks Bob for the hospitality and Paul for making it so easy to book."
Guest: Michelle F.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: April 8, 2015
"We stayed at this home this past year for our family Christmas. The house was a perfect set up for our family, including two small kids. The house has a crib, high chair, stroller, and endless toys for the kids. It was so nice to know that we didn't need to bring any of these things with us and our kids were so excited to see all of the things there for them. The small outdoor wading pool was shaded and perfect for the kids too!
The house is also in the perfect location: views of the ocean, a 5 minute walk to one of the best family beaches that is also perfect for snorkeling and learning to surf.
Simmy was so easy to work with and helpful throughout our trip. We really appreciated all that she did for us and we really felt at home here during our vacation."
Guest: Megan R.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: February 2, 2015
"We stayed for eight nights and just loved this cozy little surfside nest.
Highly recommended for couples who don't mind the waves swooping in to 10 feet from the lanai. Watch the surfers just offshore all day long. Turtles surface frequently for a gulp of air. And if you like snorkeling like we do, the most accessible snorkeling hole on the whole Kona side of the island is a walk, literally a WALK down the word at Kahalu'u Beach Park. Owner Julie is great to work with, very quick to communicate, with clear information. We plan to be back."
Guest: Rik J.Date of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 11, 2015