VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Private Homes reviews
Vacation Rentals Property 152193 --- Check it out - you won't be sorry!
"If you're looking to stay in a home (quiet residential neighborhood) versus a hotel, this is the place for you! The location is great along w/ the ocean view and the grounds (landscape/garden)! And the owners are superb...they want to ensure your stay/vacation is outstanding and then some! They are most helpful! It's definitely worth checking out the recommendations they provide for sights, food, etc.! Given a choice we would definitely stay at Sandra and Ken's place again! Should you decide the same, we hope you enjoy their place/stay as much as we did! Thank you Sandra and Ken!!!"
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 20, 2015
"We recently moved to the mainland after 45 years in Hawaii (Oahu) and wanted to get back for a summer vacation and to fish half a dozen tournaments. We caught yellowfin tuna, wahoo, albacore, and even a swordfish so we had our fill of fresh fish. The fact that the house had 3 king master bedrooms and very comfortable beds was appreciated by our guests. Kona can be very hot, but at an altitude of 3000' the temperature was perfect day and night. We loved the spa built into a lava tube with a waterfall/stream water feature. The grounds were well maintained and beautiful. We loved waking up to ocean views and swaying palm trees. In addition to fishing we golfed, scuba dived and snorkled, hiked on various trails and the Volcano national park, did an ATV trip, played ladder golf on the lawn and dined at some great restaurants when we weren't cooking at home. Vicki was wonderful and honestly the best property manager we have ever worked with."
Guest: RickDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: July 29, 2015
"Our small group consisting of some family and friends planned a ten day vacation(7/10/2015-7/20/2015) on the Big Island(our favorite of all the islands) and we were looking for a waterfront property that was nice and also affordable. We spent a significant amount of time outside to watch the beautiful sunsets. The tide pools are frequented by sea turtles and there were several days where we could see the dolphins jumping and spinning several hundred yards offshore. We are/were very happy with our choice. We would definitely stay at this home again if/when we return to the island.
- Very, very competitively priced
- Large home with lots of sleeping accommodations
- Good sized kitchen with nice assortment of dishes, cookware, etc
- Nice Ohana(small attached apartment) that worked well for our friends with a baby
- Beautiful and spacious covered balcony and patio for entertaining and relaxing(even has a nice new bbq)
- Waterfront(we even went snorkeling from the beach, not for the novice though and might I say the coral, fish, etc were amazing)
- Well stocked with water toys(snorkeling gear, water socks, squirt guns, etc)
- Close proximity to public beaches
- Very responsive owner(Kathy) and property manager(Suzie) if problems arise
- It was more humid than normal during our stay and it was a little uncomfortable at night when we were trying to sleep. The home advertises only one AC and it's in the master bedroom. The unit wasn't working well and the owner and manager not only replaced the unit promptly but they also brought several floor fans as well(much appreciated). The only reason I mention this as a con is so people know what to potentially expect in summer months. It is clearly stated in the property description but I don't want someone leaving a negative review due to circumstances that are beyond the owners control. Non summer months are probably a non-issue. BTW - the master bedroom was perfect once the new ac went in. If you are sensitive to humidity and heat, keep all this in mind before you book a summer stay.
Thanks Kathy and Suzie"
Guest: mikebDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 31, 2015
The property manager was very helpful.
The vacation rental was spotless.
I was very happy with the location.
I was very satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
Overall, I recommend this vacation rental.
We only had a week, and it was the best decision I made to rent Hale Huna Kai. There is room to spread out here in an "old HawIian style" home, but with modern upgrades. We walked to town every day for lunch or dinner, great location for it. We swam in the Queens Bath every day and thought of Royalty. The hot tub was a regular part of our day as well, works great. Mahalo to the staff for making the rental process so easy. Wayne's assistant even bought groceries for us so we had what we needed with a late airlines arrival. I paid them for the grocery and this service of course, and I would recommend it to the next person. I loved this house we had so much fun here I can't say enough. On a closing note, I even booked a professional Island photographer to come do a photo shoot of my husband and I here at this property, may I say lovely backdrops everywhere you look. Mahalo to Wayne and crew for your assistance in boiling so easy, we will book it again someday"
Guest: Laura H.Date of Stay: December 2014Review Submitted: January 23, 2015