VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Private Homes reviews
Entertaining Oceanfront Property
"Great oceanfront house. Spent endless hours on the patio enjoying the view,whales,dolphins,surfers and snorkelers. Great pool and gardens too. The house has a great island feel. its stocked with everything you could need. The owner was awesome and very helpful answering any questions we had.
Guest: Beach FunDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: February 9, 2015
"Our small group consisting of some family and friends planned a ten day vacation(7/10/2015-7/20/2015) on the Big Island(our favorite of all the islands) and we were looking for a waterfront property that was nice and also affordable. We spent a significant amount of time outside to watch the beautiful sunsets. The tide pools are frequented by sea turtles and there were several days where we could see the dolphins jumping and spinning several hundred yards offshore. We are/were very happy with our choice. We would definitely stay at this home again if/when we return to the island.
- Very, very competitively priced
- Large home with lots of sleeping accommodations
- Good sized kitchen with nice assortment of dishes, cookware, etc
- Nice Ohana(small attached apartment) that worked well for our friends with a baby
- Beautiful and spacious covered balcony and patio for entertaining and relaxing(even has a nice new bbq)
- Waterfront(we even went snorkeling from the beach, not for the novice though and might I say the coral, fish, etc were amazing)
- Well stocked with water toys(snorkeling gear, water socks, squirt guns, etc)
- Close proximity to public beaches
- Very responsive owner(Kathy) and property manager(Suzie) if problems arise
- It was more humid than normal during our stay and it was a little uncomfortable at night when we were trying to sleep. The home advertises only one AC and it's in the master bedroom. The unit wasn't working well and the owner and manager not only replaced the unit promptly but they also brought several floor fans as well(much appreciated). The only reason I mention this as a con is so people know what to potentially expect in summer months. It is clearly stated in the property description but I don't want someone leaving a negative review due to circumstances that are beyond the owners control. Non summer months are probably a non-issue. BTW - the master bedroom was perfect once the new ac went in. If you are sensitive to humidity and heat, keep all this in mind before you book a summer stay.
Thanks Kathy and Suzie"
Guest: mikebDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 31, 2015
"I chose Hale Malihini as the perfect home to spend a family vacation in based on the location and pictures provided on VRBO. I was not disappointed. From the moment I showed an interest in securing the house for our family of 9, Ben was in contact with me and assured me of what to expect from a personal description of the home, to the area it was located in, and the finances. We were delighted to be so near White Sands Beach, as it became the first destination each morning for our one year old grandson, as well as the two teen grandchildren who loved to snorkel. We enjoyed exploring the entire island by day and were able to be back home in time for supper and the sunset. All of our rooms were comfortable and well appointed. We were especially grateful for the assortment of beach equipment including chairs, umbrellas, coolers, and water toys. We could not have survived our beach visits without them. We were able to take in the markets, coffee shops, and luau in town with just a 10 minute drive down Alii Drive. Our host was available and helpful from start to finish. Thank-you for a wonderful 3 week stay in your beautiful home, Jan and Ben. Mahalo."
Guest: The Loose Moose GangDate of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: May 9, 2015