VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"The condo is very comfortable, fully equipped, and the view from the Lani is lovely and enjoyable both morning and evening. Easy access to town and activities. We are very appreciative for the accommodations and look forward to a return stay."
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: June 2015Review Submitted: June 14, 2015
"Absolutely stunning !! This place is truly a gem, you will love it at first sight. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Plumeria House. The unit is clean and well-maintained. The tropical landscaping and the peace and quiet of the neighborhood was wonderful. The owners are very pleasant and helpful. They have thought of everything to make their guests comfortable. Highly recommended."
Guest: George S.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 23, 2015
The property manager was very helpful.
The vacation rental was spotless.
I was very happy with the location.
I was very satisfied with the condition of the vacation rental.
Overall, I recommend this vacation rental.
When we arrived late in the evening, everything was there and ready. The condo is beautiful and well kept. We enjoyed our stay very much and look forward to future vacations."
Guest: Joel K.Date of Stay: September 2015Review Submitted: September 15, 2015
"It can be overwhelming to make a condo choice in Kona - there are TONS of condos available, many of which are oceanfront. This is really the best option in my opinion for the following reasons:
1) The complex is newer (I believe the most recent condo development in the area). Both the common areas and the condo unit itself were in great condition. A major plus here is also the fact that the condo has central A/C - this is a rarity on the island due to the high electricity costs on Hawaii.
2) The condo itself was top floor with a great view of the ocean / beach across the street. Condo was well equipped, bed was very comfortable (which many times isn't true for rentals!), loaded with beach goodies (chairs, snorkels, boogie boards, etc.).
3) The condo complex has a really nice pool & hot tub. Great view of the ocean across the street.
4) This is a biggie - its right across the street from a usable beach (better for snorkeling vs. swimming). There are very few beaches in the area - be very careful about understanding the reality around claims around the view/location of condo complexes - the vast majority yes are oceanfront, but there is no usable beach in front of the complex (likely will require a short drive).
5) Value - the rate for this unit (either low or high season) is a great value for what you get. My wife was shocked at the nightly rate and frankly didn't believe me at first. It really is a great value for what you get. The size of the unit, central AC, location, and great pool are A+.
6) The rental manager, April, is VERY customer-focused / responsive. We needed to call on our arrival day at 9:30 p.m. and she picked up right away.
A few other general comments:
1) Yes, the complex is right on Ali'i drive, the main drag through Kona (southern part). It was quiet at night / no issues with night traffic or road noise.
2) The complex consists of 2 buildings - our unit was in building 1 (closest to the ocean). Building 1 does not have an elevator, building 2 does. If you have any mobility issues, definitely opt for something in building 2.
Overall a great vacation / great condo. We will definitely be back!"
Guest: Maui_TravelerDate of Stay: August 2015Review Submitted: September 3, 2015