VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
Recent Kona Coast reviews
Couldn't have asked for better!
"The condo was perfect. It was very comfortable, well stocked and the owners were super good to work with. I texted them a request for more towels and they were delivered to our door the following morning. The view goes without saying, it's was absolutely unbeatable! The location was perfect too. Everything was within walking distance. We can't wait to go back and hopefully stay in the same condo!"
Guest: Lori GaleDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 4, 2015
"Our small group consisting of some family and friends planned a ten day vacation(7/10/2015-7/20/2015) on the Big Island(our favorite of all the islands) and we were looking for a waterfront property that was nice and also affordable. We spent a significant amount of time outside to watch the beautiful sunsets. The tide pools are frequented by sea turtles and there were several days where we could see the dolphins jumping and spinning several hundred yards offshore. We are/were very happy with our choice. We would definitely stay at this home again if/when we return to the island.
- Very, very competitively priced
- Large home with lots of sleeping accommodations
- Good sized kitchen with nice assortment of dishes, cookware, etc
- Nice Ohana(small attached apartment) that worked well for our friends with a baby
- Beautiful and spacious covered balcony and patio for entertaining and relaxing(even has a nice new bbq)
- Waterfront(we even went snorkeling from the beach, not for the novice though and might I say the coral, fish, etc were amazing)
- Well stocked with water toys(snorkeling gear, water socks, squirt guns, etc)
- Close proximity to public beaches
- Very responsive owner(Kathy) and property manager(Suzie) if problems arise
- It was more humid than normal during our stay and it was a little uncomfortable at night when we were trying to sleep. The home advertises only one AC and it's in the master bedroom. The unit wasn't working well and the owner and manager not only replaced the unit promptly but they also brought several floor fans as well(much appreciated). The only reason I mention this as a con is so people know what to potentially expect in summer months. It is clearly stated in the property description but I don't want someone leaving a negative review due to circumstances that are beyond the owners control. Non summer months are probably a non-issue. BTW - the master bedroom was perfect once the new ac went in. If you are sensitive to humidity and heat, keep all this in mind before you book a summer stay.
Thanks Kathy and Suzie"
Guest: mikebDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: July 31, 2015
"Spent five nights at Ann's condo and could hardly have been happier. It is clean, quiet and comfortable, and is perfectly located with a wonderful view of the ocean and sunsets. The condo contained nearly everything I could have needed during my stay.
Just three recommendations to make the place even better:
1- Do not leave the A/C cover on A/C unit for guests' arrival - may create confusion and guests could potentially damage the A/C unit. There are instructions on the wall near the A/C remote but I only read the instructions provided on the fridge. Alternatively, provide ALL relevant instructions on one piece of paper or in one document;
2- Leave enough laundry detergent for guests to do at least a couple of loads. There was plenty of dish soap but no laundry detergent provided, so I had to buy a large bottle and left it almost full, I hope it can be used by future guests;
3- Sofa bed was very uncomfortable when used as a bed - I would either discourage people from using it that way, or else replace it with something usable.
The toilet was leaking when I arrived, I called the property manager and someone came the very same day and fixed the issue.
Very happy with my experience and hope to return in the future. Thank you again Ann! :-)"
Guest: Marc M.Date of Stay: March 2015Review Submitted: March 29, 2015
"This was our first trip to Hawaii and when researching places to stay, my boyfriend came across this listing. We knew instantly that this was where we wanted to stay while on our vacation. We stayed for 8 nights. Once we arrived, (the 2.5 mile drive down the road involves several curves and turns on a narrow 1 1/2 lane road) we were blown away at how spectacular the house was! It was very clean and cozy, and when we entered, we felt very much "at home". Naomi and Paul are very friendly, courteous, helpful people and made sure we were settled in before they left. The view is amazing and often we simply sat outside, admiring our surroundings. A must stay if you are visiting this beautiful place."
Guest: PRMDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: March 9, 2015