VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This property allows you to book online with a credit card. After submitting a reservation request, the owner or manager has 24 hours to accept, at which time your card will be charged and you will receive an email confirmation
"My husband and I were there in July 2015. We could not have wished for a better place. Turtle House was very clean and had everything we needed. We enjoyed the beautiful plants and flowers that surround Turtle house. We would recommend this place to everyone without any hesitations."
Guest: Virginie L.Date of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 7, 2015
"I so loved this sweet vacation home away from home! Perfect for a single person, but can accommodate a family too. Absolutely the Best things about it, are the wonderful private thermal pool, and it's location in the Kapoho Beach community. For a crazy water person like myself, this is HEAVEN! WaI-Opae, Millionaires, Champagne Pond, Kapoho Bay, etc it's all here!
The house has everything you need- down to extra snorkeling gear and noodles.
Yes the Coqui frogs are LOUD here in Puna. Bring earplugs if it bothers you at night. They DO stop around 3/4 am tho.
Jeana was awesome- extremble helpful!"
Guest: Jayme S.Date of Stay: April 2015Review Submitted: May 9, 2015
"We loved getting to visit the Big Island and seeing all the true Hawaiian culture along with all the hot sites and little known secret places. Though there are a few things I wish had been different to make the stay easier and more pleasant.
1. There's no house number sign on the road to tell you where the house is and because the area is dense in trees/shrubs, we couldn't find it and had to stop and ask.
2. Upon entering the house there were cobwebs EVERYWHERE.
3. There's no AC, which we didn't expect, so we had to work out a system with fans and windows to keep it mild inside.
4. The couch sinks to the middle when you sit on it and not all the lights in the house work. Namely the living room light, so we had to overcompensate with the dining table light (which only had 2 of 5 bulbs in it until we added two more).
5. Ants. We couldn't leave any food out anywhere. Dirty dishes in the sink, crumbs of food our toddler left from eating, crumbs on the stove from cooking, nothing. We woke up in the mornings or returned from sight-seeing on more than one occasion to ants all over the floor, counter, and sink. Even when we had cleaned the dishes.
6. No dishwasher. Wasn't a huge inconvenience, but still a surprise I would have liked to have been prepared for.
7. The internet was not good. And the remotes for the tv and such didn't work half the time or at all. Also I would recommend widening the variety of movies provided. A family with young children needs more than just R-rated movies or less popular ones from the 1990s. We ended up watching most entertainment on our laptop or iPad, which only worked if the moment was right and only one device was connected to the internet.
The property is beautiful and we loved the frogs chirping at night and the colorful lizards crawling around the outside in the afternoon. We didn't spend a whole ton of time in the house as we were out and about seeing all we could every day. But when we were back these were the things we were dealing with that we wished we didn't have to."
Guest: AnonymousDate of Stay: February 2015Review Submitted: February 15, 2015
"My husband, two young children and I stayed here for a few nights and it was gorgeous. The house is in a fantastic spot with amazing views and it is wonderful to sit out on the balcony or on the lava rock and hear the ocean crashing in. We also really enjoyed wandering around the garden and up and down the lava rocks watching the water and dodging the occasional splash! We watched for dolphins, but sadly didn't see any.
The house itself is very large and the rooms were very well decorated and equipped (the photos don't really do it justice!). We loved staying here and used it as a base to explore Hilo and the Volcano National Park plus some of the beaches down the coast.
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful home!"
Guest: EmandDaveDate of Stay: July 2015Review Submitted: August 10, 2015